Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyTech

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
KR
Hey all,
Im haveing a problem with acad2000 where on start up I get an error message saying
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found".
I have tried reinstalling the software a couple of times and on other machines, but still nothing. I also tried
installing CAD in the root directory of C:\acad2000 and it worked once, then I closed it down and opened it
and I got the same error message again.
The PCs are using Win98 and there is already a version of ACAD r14 on it. I saw on the net it has got to do with the
path in autoexec.bat but that hasnt been modified and seems ok...any ideas??? Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

I have this file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared directory. If you do not have the file, give me your e-mail and I will send it to you. It's only 49K. What operating system are you running? Once you put the file in the proper directory, you can use the regsvr32 command to register the dll file. You may not even need to do that if AutoCAD recognizes the file.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is actually there
in the Autodesk shared folder, and when I put it into the
folder C:\acad2000\ it then looks for another file called
Acutil15.dll which is also in that shared folder, and when
I put that in it looks for another one, and another one and
another one and so on!!! Thanks anyway for your help and
advice on that. The client is using Win98, and also has
r14 on the machine, which I dont want to uninstalla as she
cant find the CD for that and if I take it off and cant get
2000 wrorking then she has no CAD!! Would it be worth the
risk to take off the r14??? Jay~

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare.

~KeyTech

I think the problem lies in having both versions installed. We had to completely remove R14 before R2000 would work properly. Without the original disk, I too would hesitate removing R14. Not real sure what to suggest. Good luck!

Yea thanks, I thought it might be that r14 is causing that,
but I have plenty of clients where I have installed 2000
and left r14 on for them, so I wont risk the uninstall of it!
thanks anyway! any more ideas please do tell! Jay~

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare.

~KeyTech

According to the Autodesk Knowledge Base, the problem is with the length of the path. Try shortening the path, for example, by using the short file names for the path. In other words, change
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ to
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1
If you have questions, re-read the Knowledge Base article ( – it explains it better than I could.

It worked for me, hope it works for you.

thanks Glenn but as you will see in my original post, I installed the program as C:\acad200 and it worked fine, but just for the first time, as soon as I shut down CAD and started it up again, it gave me the same error.....?????????
This problem has actually been solved, only from a clean re-install of Windows!!! that shut up the error message!!!
Thanks for your help anyway. Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

i am also getting the message ".dll file, AC1st.dll was not found." so i can not open acad 2000 what do i do.

well what I did was reinstalled ACAD to a different location. First off you have to uninstall it completely.
Then go to install it and give the install path as C:\acad2000 and that shoud work. If not, what I had to do was reinstall windows....nasty but the only way to get it to work. Did you have a previous version of CAD on your PC??? this is whats causing the problem... Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

i saw a message where someone was having a problem with a missing "AS1ST15.DLL" file. i'm having the same problem. i was wondering if you can send me the shared file to amass9@hotmail.com. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

hi I am also having the same problem with dll file... Somebody please
send me the dll file.. i appreciate it so much

sejoonahn@yahoo.com

OK,
the problem is NOT that the file is missing, but, that ACAD is having difficulties finding it, if you do a search on your hard disk it will come up. Please read the previous post to see what happened.

The way to solve this problem is (supposed to be): Install Acad in the following location C:\acadxxx instead of C:\program files\acadxxx
that worked for me the first time, but not after that. The problem was that there was already a version of ACAD on the machine, so it was conflicting in the Autodesk Shared folder. Try removing, completely, the previous version of CAD, and, the Autodesk Shared Folder. Then install ACAD. If that doesnt work, you will have to reinstall windows. Nasty but its the last and only option. Jay~

~KeyTech

i saw a message where someone was having a problem with a missing "AS1ST15.DLL" file. i'm having the same problem. i was wondering if you can send me the shared file to zoltan_swe@hotmail.com
I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

please read the above post, posted by me, (Keytech) on Nov 7th
Have you searched your PC for the missing file?
Start->Find->Files or Folders
and type in the file name and make sure you are looking in the Local Hard drives (C: D: E: or whatever) Jay~

~KeyTech

i saw a message where someone was having a problem with a missing "AC1ST15.DLL" file. i'm having the same problem. i was wondering if you can send me the shared file to VDESIGN_CG@HOTMAIL.COM
I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

CHARLES

KeyTech,

I am not missing any .dll files. But reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder why certain people visit the forum and don't bother to READ BEFORE THEY POST. I hope you're not getting too fed up with this trend that you don't come back here!:)

Thanks,
Carl

Thanks Carl!
It's good to see that you actually read the full list of posts in the thread!! I think I'll just create an FAQ for this one...it is getting a bit irritating repeating myself!
Especially as I was the one who had the original question! :)
Thanks again for your support Carl, and yes I will continue to return for as long as I can!

Anyway!!.....THEVISITOR.....Have you read the previous posts????? or have you got a different problem. Jay~

~KeyTech

thank u very much.
i had the same problem, even though i was running autocad15 and autocad2002 for quite a while on the same machine, and everything worked fine. all of a sudden that ac1st15.dll was missing...

so i read through your postings and decided to reinstall acad2002 in C:\autocad2002 and to uninstall autocad14. and now everything works just fine again. and i hope it will for the future!

so thanks for your help.
best regards
stc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back