Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with DTMF with Avaya 4621 IP Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdbeavis

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
I have just installed an S8300/G700 system using 4621SW telephones using CM 5.1.1. All firmware is up to date for system and phones. To Access paging you dial a three digit extension answered by a UPAM, wired as a station answer. Behind the UPAM is a nine zone paging module which expects to hear a single digit telling it what zone you wish to page to. When I access this zone paging module it seems to have a problem recognizing the digit pressed via the 4621. Sometimes I have to press the digit several times to get it to answer most times it never answers. It seems to answer when I press 8 everytime but not anything else. When I use an analog phone it works perfect everytime through all nine zones. I believe it to be a DTMF recognition problem but not 100% sure. Anyone run into this before or have any ideas? Any input would be appreciated, we cut Friday night but gonna have to get Avaya involved tomorrow if I can't figure it out.
Thanks

You might want to change your system parameter ip options to use rtp-payload for DTMF.

Jimbo

I appreciate the input but that did not work either. I have tried sending the "zone" via an autodial and an abbreviated dial, also, and still no luck.

We just upgraded from CM 2.2 to CM 5.2 last night and are now experiencing the same issue. We can not get an autodial or abbreviated dial to send digits after a PAUSE

us too. upgraded from 3.1.5 to 5.2 and now we can't send digits after a pause within an autodial. seems like a bug that will need to be addressed in 5.2.

We have Avaya case ID 15548791 open. We did an MST trace and our issue has been esculated to Tier 4.

Tier 3 was not able to reproduce the issue with CM 5.2 patch 17250; they were able to recreate it with patch levels 17434 and 17536.

We don't want to go back on the patch levels as there are other issues that have been fixed there.

Just got confirmation from Tier 4 that there is a problem with the patch level that we are at (#17536). Will be working to have an updated patch created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back