Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pri outgoing caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
I am working with my local cable company who is the provider for our PRI on the ip office 500v2 9.1.

After researching in this forum I determined that using the following short code in user settings would be
what was needed to get this working.

Code: ?
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: .sxxxxxxxxxx (10 digit number to send)
Line Group Id: 0

This so far this has not worked. Where to go from here?

I am working with my local cable company" - Do you mean you've asked them to allow this and agreed what numbers you can send?

Most PRI providers needed to be asked to allow this, and would only support the sending of CLI numbers that would route back to the same line if redialled.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Do you mean you've asked them to allow this and agreed what numbers you can send?
Yes, we tried one phone number that is in the DID group with no luck. The main number is
displayed instead of the one entered in the short code.

try to use sixxxxxxxxx instead

some providers will work only when you actually put the i character in the dialstring

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

When we're getting a PRI turned up with our "local cable company" one of the first questions they ask is if we want to control the outbound CLID or we want the cable company to control it. Make sure your cable company is allowing you to control the outbound CLID.

Cable company has updated the caller id on their side. It took a few days to complete. I have been testing with one
extension.
I set in the users short code.

Code: ?
Telephone Number: .sxxxxxxxxxx (10 digit number to send)

I also tried it with .sixxxxxxxxxx
I also tried it with the last four digits instead of all ten.

This so far this has not worked. Where to go from here?

Code: 9N (if that is your access code)
Telephone Number: Nsixxxxxxxxxx (10 digit number to send)

you could configure it there, yes. If just sending one users DID
If you put it in the ARS you can wildcard the NsixxxxxxE to send out all the users DID.

pccsipoffice, you're in Oklahoma, why are you using short codes of question mark?

In North America, it is pretty standard to have a dial-out code of 9, followed by the telephone number.
If I don't have any extensions that start with 1 I also make 1N be a dial out code.

Test with a User Short Code of 9N / Dial / N / ARS:51 or 1N / Dial / 1N / ARS:51

And in ARS 51 have the entry N; / Dial 3K1 / NS4051234567 / Line_Group_for_PRI

In Monitor, on the ISDN tab, check all the boxes. In SSA, pull up the PRI and click Trace All

Place your test call on your test User with 9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX or just 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and see what you get in Monitor and SSA

Thanks Touch Tone Tommy. That is a lot of good information. Am I correct to say
that you are showing me a setup where all phone calls would send the same caller id?
We are looking to have individual users send out their own did number.
If no number is sent from ip office then the carrier shows the main number.
I tried
Code: 9N
This was put in short codes at user level. But I could not make a phone call with that in place.

I just tested on my server. The only thing that worked for me was this....
User Shortcode
Code: xxxxxxxxxx (10 or 11 x's depending on your dialing pattern)
Line Group Id: 0 (line group of PRI)

IPOTS

Code: xxxxxxxxxx (10 or 11 s's depending on your dialing pattern) We use ten digit dialing so the code is xxxxxxxxxx literally ten x?

Actually this works for either 10 or 11 digits. I didn't wait long enough after saving.
Use this.

Code: N;

I really want you to try sending the dial string to an ARS table and THEN to the PRI line group. NOT just put the PRI line group into the short code.

And yes, my example is to send the same telephone number for all calls, but that is the first test, to see if you can control the CID for a call, and then see if you can control it on a user by user basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back