Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Start Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthrashe

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
CA
IBM 300PL Model 6562-34U. On bootup receive "1852 PCI/PNP error! Not enough I/O space available. If I disable Serial Port B I can bootup. The system installs the second com port as Com 3 instead of Com 2. There is a modem installed on Com 2 even though under Device Manager Com 2 does not exist. How can I get the modem removed so that when the machine boots I can install to Com1 and just leave the other Com port disabled? Currently if I remove the modem the system just reinstalls to Com 2 on boot.

Why are you trying to specify COM ports? If the modem is plug and play, it will set itself to whatever port it wants. Have you been monkeying with your CMOS settings?

I was able to bootup once in Safe mode without getting the 1852 error. I saw in device manager that I had Com1 and Com3 instead of Com1 and Com2. The only change I did in CMOS was to disable Serial Port B so that would not get the error booting. It still installed as COM 3 so I disabled COM 3 in Device Manager also. I should be OK as I no longer need a modem installed on this machine and don't need the COM port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back