Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poor grammar limits your job choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiph

Programmer
Jun 9, 1999
US
I helped man my company's booth at a local job fair the other week. We had this person come up and after listening to them speak for a few minutes, all I could think was "You may be the best in the world at what you do, but there's no way I'm going to put you in front of a customer"

Their grammar and diction was just horrible.

Chip H.

Please excuse my 'am Otter' (an Otter), got a head full of cold today :-(

I want to be good, is that not enough?

HarleyQuinn,

That's cheating.

You need to choose one or the otter. <g,d,r>

- Rod

<groan> [smile]

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

Don
dweam
donate...
done,

Dawn

[gray]Dam!, I otter done THat sooner!![/gray]

[blue]________________________________________________________
Some folks put their money where their mouth is. I just pay my bill. [/blue]

->Poor grammar limits your job choices

I ran across this local story. I hadn't even heard about the initial story (the Town Manager getting arrested) but his response is.... Well, it would be funny if it weren't so darned sad. Or maybe that's backwards and it is funny - I can't decide.

(FYI: Pittsboro is a small town southwest of the Triangle)

I checked another source to ensure that what is printed is actually verbatim from the Town Manager. He seems to have the English skills of a crack-addled monkey.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

From the article:
"The officer acted improperly and used unnecessary brutal force in handling this situation, in fact he is 3 x larger in size in build and stature compared to me at 5’11’’ and 175 lbs."

So the officer is 17'9 and 525 lbs.? (is the period necessary there? It doesn't look correct to me)

That is one heck of an officer.

Have a problem with my spelling or grammar? Please refer all complaints to my English teacher:
Ralphy "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Wiggum

We grow 'em big in these parts. [wink]

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

And strong!!! Somewhere, I have a WRAL video clip showing a police office pushing an upside-down semi right-side up. (What they didn't show on the news was the tow truck on the other side of the semi.)

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

2ffat said:
I have a WRAL video clip showing a [blue]police office[/blue] pushing an upside-down semi right-side up

higgins said:
We [blue]BUILD[/blue] 'em big in these parts. [smile]

hehe. Even our small precincts can leave you feeling all trucked-up.

The truck what went and got all tipsy was a beer truck hauling Rolling Rock. That's likely why the driver claimed, er, police brewtality. What the ale did I do?, asked the driver, Mr. Ping. Interstate traffic was doggedly snarled by the bottleneck, er, long necks.

Ironically, this will all be sordid out in the Coors System, where all cases are heard and sometimes, due to lack of proof, are never heard from agin.

don, the intrepid re[red]port[/red]er

[blue]________________________________________________________
Some folks put their money where their mouth is. I just pay my bill. [/blue]

shock his hand

Wow, that's usually not recommended.
If, y'know, you want to avoid getting the ticket.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back