Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pickup call button

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickscs

Vendor
Sep 27, 2012
US
I have a customer that has a sales group that won't let me ring the whole group because they don't want salespeople to be interrupted by a ringing phone. However, they do want all salespeople to be able to pick up the calls.

This is on an IP Office, IP500v2, R9.0, Essential Edition with PRI trunks and 1600 sets.

I have installed a line powered ringer on the wall in the sales area on an analog extension. I've put all the sales people and the ringer in a group and programmed a button on their phones to be a "call pickup members" button.

They are complaining that at times they pickup another call that is ringing straight to a sales group member and not the ringer. Is there a way to use another feature on this button to pickup these calls instantly and not have to wait for the button to dial a short code to pickup the extension the ringer is on?

thanks in advance...

Never mind....

I remember now that I need to set up a busy lamp button for the ringer's extension.

Put a Group button on their phones. It will blink when the group (and ringer) is ringing, and grab the next call when you push it.

You could have kept the button you had and changed it to pickup group instead of pickup members of indeed use a group button, the group button also flashes for a call and flashes a different colour if multiple calls are queuing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back