Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pause and Resume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflad

Programmer
Aug 5, 2006
GB
We have a bespoke Pause and Resume offering created for us by Avaya Professional Services that has stopped working. The design is a Linux box running the services connecting with and AES that connects to CM and our ACR. It's a crude set-up with a button assigned to a station where an operator presses the button to kill voice recording and again to start it back up.

With Avaya changing AES certs at the beginning of the year the solution has stopped working and Avaya are scratching their heads with no fix in sight. We believe the java keystore on the linux box needs changed but Avaya can't advise us how or what to change it to, they just don't seem to have the skillset to even understand the fault.

Has anyone experienced the same or maybe had the same work done by APS and theirs is working? its getting ridiculous the length of time it's taking but any help or advice very much appreciated.

>With Avaya changing AES certs at the beginning of the year the solution has stopped working
and
>We believe the java keystore on the linux box needs to be changed

Your analysis may well be correct, but it depends

1) Did you do anything to the certs on the AES server
if so what?

2) Can you locate the keystore file on the pause and resume server?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Avaya gave us a patch to put on the AES that extended the validity for another 4 years... now I've wrote that, the certs didn't change as such but I don't know what the patch does. The patch was AES-16799_default_cert_renewed_b3.bin

We have located the keystore but we're not sure what to change to get it working, if in fact that is the issue.

>Avaya gave us a patch to put on the AES that extended the validity for another 4 years
Ok - makes sense. Using this patch just replaces the aessvs certificate - but the root certificate remains unchanged.

If your issue is indeed certificate related, it suggests that APS have added the (old) aessvs certificate to the pause and resume server. If this is the case, you will need to update the certificate in the store too.

I'd run the command keytool -l -keystore <yourkeystore> and look for an alias of aessvs in the first place. If find it, check the expiry date of it (probably 06/01)

If you don't find it under that alias, inspect all the certs in that store.

The other line of investigation is to tcpdump the connection between the Pause and Resume and the AES server - use the dump to look for TLS errors.

Take Care

Matt

good news!

Can you tell us what the fix was? It may help someone else in the same situation

Take Care

Matt

we'd played about with certs and other things so I rolled back to pre-patch, patched again and it started working... from the jks report it was apparent we just had a lot of muddying of the water with alias' so had to strip it back... if that makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back