Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password problem,startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairyspider

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
GB
When i boot up my laptop, i get to the passwordpanel to get into windows. However, if I press ESC, it still goes into Windows. Normally this would disable my Internet password panel, but the Internet explorer still has my password saved so everything is accesisble.
if it is not very clear, im sorry, but i have no idea what to do. Is there a way that i can disable ESC when Password panels come up?
Hairyspider

You do know ME is NOT a secure operating system. If you're concerned about other people accessing your details, you might want to consider win2k or XP.

I think there's a registry tweak you can do to prevent Escaping from the logon menu (though not sure if you need client for microsoft networks as main logon) - its been posted on these forums, so a search might be rewarding (but its basically almost impossible to secure ME from a technically competent user - so depends on level of expertise of your 'hackers').

Have you considered putting a password on the bios (then Windows or any other o/s - including boot floppy - cannot start until this password has been supplied).

i have just found that bios password. Thanks a lot, and i am trying to choose the best o/s for my needs.
Anyway, thanks for your tip
hairyspider

Losers do their best,winners go home and f*^k the promqueen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back