Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park over SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbdeep

Vendor
Dec 17, 2005
US
I know this question was asked pre-4.1 or 4.2 but is it possible to park a call accross an SCN?

No not possible

Parking is not a SCN feature

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

you could create an empty group and a relevent group pick up button on all phones needed.

call is blind transferred to group, any user can pick it up.

Or use an analogue extension and bridged appearance button.

i have asked this question a few times and tell the user just tranfer to a group on the other switch.. tried and tested the parking over SCN.. just would not have it

I have created Meet conference rooms as park zones that can be used across remote sites, but you have to be care ful because 2 outside callers can accidently be put into the same conference, plus there is no indicators to see if someone is waiting in the zone. Outside of that, good luck. 4.2 will be released within the month which does support parking across remote sites. I would wait for that.

ACS IPO-I

Thanks for the suggestions all. We will wait for 4.2

4.2 supports what!!! [I deleted the rest to give you a chance to say whoops Mr.Jenks]

[though I would say given the age of SCN in IP Office the lack of any added features to make it more seemless is a pain]

I thought it too
I could not find it also in the docs :)

I cant say I have tested it first hand, but technical support says its supported and works.

ACS IPO-I

I am wondering if you can create a shortcode in the unit you want to send to the park zone
#101 (assuming park zone 101 and no user with that number)
line (IP line to the main site and also the target unit for parking)

and another shortcode in the target unit
park call

then it might be parked on the remote site and you can pick it up from there but you probably won't get it back from there.
I would love to try it but I don't have the hardware at hand right now to test

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I tried last week

With softconsole you can park a call for a busy user
When that user stops calling the call will ring again
This only work localy
This did not work for a remote site
This is with 4.2

So i am pretty sure that parking across scn does not work

I will hopefully be testing this by the end of the day or some time tomorrow to confirm...

ACS IPO-I

Well,the results are in, I could not park and unpark across the network. I tried using several methods, but none would work. I called back tech support to let them know their sources are incorrect. There may be another possibility to make parking work over scn, but I'm not saying another word about it until I test it my self.

ACS IPO-I

I thought so

The problem is that the call is parked localy
There is no way to get it parked on the other site unfortunaly
It would be a great solution with softconsole and a centralised receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor