Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Hours Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjc2013

Technical User
Jun 4, 2013
GB
Hi there

I would like to bar outgoing calls from certain extensions between the hours of 18:00 to 08:00 is this possible?
At the moment I am getting round this by giving out a special 6 digit number to change the NCOS,

Nortel CS1K release 7.6

cheers

You could setup different lower NCOS on those phones then Time of Day routing on RLI with FRL set to block lower NCOS at night

Hi bignose21 thanks for your reply - this sounds like an excellent plan but I am not sure how to do that! Would you be able to point me in the right direct please?

cheers

There is a Feature called Scheduled Access Restriction that is designed to do exactly what you are asking for. I have used it before in a School District to change NCOS and to block incoming DID calls to the classrooms during the day.

I have not really used it but in theory:

Say NCOS 6 is your normal level that phones are using, to give yourself other levels that are not going to get blocked by the routing use NCOS 2 for example (Its up to you to plan what you need). Setup the FCR 2 to match FCR 6 in LD49 and set NCOS 2 against the phones.

In LD 86 change ESN at TODS prompt
TODS 0 08 00 17 59
TODS 1 00 00 07 59
TODS 1 18 00 23 59

In RLI
entry 0
Rout <pstn Rt>
TOD x0 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 (Only TOD 1 enabled OOH)
FRL 3 (anything higher than 2 to block the sets with NCOS 2 in the night hours)

entry 1
Rout <pstn Rt>
TOD x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 (Only TOD 0 enabled normal Hours)
FRL 0

when you print should be something like

RLI 200
ELC NO
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 125
TOD 0 OFF 1 ON 2 OFF 3 OFF
4 OFF 5 OFF 6 OFF 7 OFF
VNS NO
SCNV NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3

and

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 125
TOD 0 ON 1 OFF 2 OFF 3 OFF
4 OFF 5 OFF 6 OFF 7 OFF
VNS NO
SCNV NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0

The Scheduled Access Restrictions (SAR) feature allows a customer to define Trunk Group
Access Restrictions (TGAR), Class of Service (COS) restrictions, and Network Class of
Service (NCOS) restrictions for different hours and days (typically off-hours and off-days).
These TGAR, COS, and NCOS restrictions comprise SAR groups. Each customer may define
up to 1000 SAR groups, and one of these groups can be assigned to each customer station
or route. Up to eight time periods can be defined for each SAR group, and different restrictions
may be applied to each time period.

Refer to the documentation for SAR implementation instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back