Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option to go to Voicemail while in HG 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

schust

Technical User
Mar 12, 2013
US
System: Avaya IP Office R8.1 Manager About Section says: V10.1 (43)
System: Avaya IP Office Voicemail Pro Client Version 8.1.810.0

I was told that since moving to the upgraded version we no longer have access to have a prompt that says " press 1 if you would like to continue to hold " or " press 2 if you would like to leave a voicemail" I dont know if there is a way around this or another config.

So when a customer calls our Toll Free number right now, it goes directly to the Hunt Group. You just continue to hold in the queue until someone picks up and thats it. I would like to have that option back and/or a work-around provided if anyone knows. Or possibly before the customer gets in the queue it will ask if they would like to leave a voicemail or sit in queue. If that makes sense to anyone.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks.

I am not sure who told you that you can no longer have these options but if programmed properly it will work.
If your support provider told you that then get a new one fast. You can search for Avaya business partners in your are on the Avaya website (or just type it in google)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

just build the autoattendant on the HG queued and still queued start point. job done.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I have just started at this company and I am learning the Avaya system from scratch, apparently the support we have only pertains to if there is a hardware failure. No How-to, configuration help, etc. Which makes no sense to me. I am looking into it to see if we can get some help but I thought I would reach out here too.

I have created a Queued and Still Queued Start Point but unsure on how its supposed to be setup. I can send a pic to show what I had made if anyone is willing to look but I dont know if its right or what to do from there.

Thanks

In Manager > Huntgroup enable queueing and announcements.
For announcement you can set a wait time befor the first message is played ( default 10 sec. ) etc. If you'll take a good look it is quite obvious.
In VM Pro in the specific area you can enable the Queue and Still Queued actions.
In the Queue action there is a Start point ( do not change anything in it ) and you can add specific actions.
What you need is a menu action with a prompt ( .wav file ) in the Prompts TAB and in the touchtone select "1" and the "Time Out", set the time out to 4 sec.
next action to add is a voicemail action.
Then connect the "1" from the menu to the voicemail action and record a message in the menu Prompts telling the caller to dial 1 toleave a message or hold for a operator ( or whatever you like to tell them )

This is a very basic call flow which can be extended with all kind of parameters like testing the time a caller is in the queue and if it is too long then present the menu, or test the estimated time to answer and it it is larger then three minutes or so then present the menu.
VM Pro is very versatile and it is beyond the intention of this forum to get into the details.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Yeah I got all that. But from what you said on this.

Then connect the "1" from the menu to the voicemail action and record a message in the menu Prompts telling the caller to dial 1 toleave a message or hold for a operator ( or whatever you like to tell them )

Can it do this?

Press 1 to leave a voicemail or hold and will be transferred to the next available agent and it will go to that hunt group. Instead of going to the operator/receptionist?

This action ( Queued or Still Queued ) is invoked while the caller is already waiting to be answered by a agent.
You can test this by making a new group, add a single user to the group and enable queueing and announcements, turn Voicemail off!
Setup a queue call flow as mentoned earlier and call the group, see what happens:

Phone starts to ring and after the wait time you'll hear the menu message while the phone remain ringing, you can opt out by leaving a message, phone will stop ringing or just wait, the phone will still be ringing untill answered

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Ok I created a test group called Info Tech with Queued and Still Queued. For Queued I put Start Point > Menu Action > Leave Mail Action. Do I need to create the same for the Still Queued as well? An my confusion is the Modules section. Do I need to do anything there? What needs to be to connect it?

The last time i tried to use a menu in a queue it just ignored it.
So if it does not work then perhaps it is broken again.
I have seen this stupid bug before and is very annoying.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter - you are right. when I was messing with this last time. It just completely ignored the Action Menu, that is why I am trying to get some help through here to see if I missed something in the configuration. I will test this new configuration however again I dont know what really needs to be setup with the Modules section.

I just dont understand how the Specific Start Groups > Info Tech (the group I just created)connects to the Modules section.

tlpeter: it will ignore the menu if you synchronize the calls (in the announcement tab) as it plays all of them to all people holding and can't separate the calls from there.

schust: the company that provides service to you might be able to give you a 2 hour training on the system (paid of course) and that should do a lot to have you understand the system better as well as doing probably 90% of all there ever will come your way. A good investment if your trainer is any good and brings you some cheat sheets too so you can look up things later as 2 hours can be a lot of info.
If you pay my flight and hotel I come to you, wherever you are :)

Joe W.

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Westi, you could be right and to be honest i cannot recall if this was the case when i tried it.

BAZINGA!

So I just tested and I am the only one in the Hunt Group right now. I believe I did everything said in the posts above. When I call the number it goes straight to my phone. If I put my phone on DND then call, a lady comes up saying all the operators are busy please stay on the line and you will be tranferred when somebody becomes available. It keeps repeating that.. there is music on hold in between her speaking. about a 15 seconds then she pops back on. It never asks to press 1 for voicemail or continue to hold.

Any Ideas?

Also, in the Leave Mail Action do I need to go to the Specific tab and select anything for the Leave MSG to section? IF so, my options are Caller's Mailbox, The an option to choose a mailbox or VRL?

Westie - I might have to fly u out. haha where you located. haha

for once I want to be right too :)

Joe W.

When you hear the default queue message then there is no queue configured in VMPro at all for this user or group.

BAZINGA!

hmmm well the Queuing On box is checked within the Hunt Group. with a queue length of 10 seconds. Queue type: Assign Call on Agent Answer. Also the Normalize Queue Length box is checked. I have a couple screen shots I can in an email to show you what I have if anyone is willing to loan out their email address for me to send to.

What needs to be done if you are correct and no queue is configured? I dont see anywhere else to turn it on besides in that Hunt Group section.

What about the announcements?
Are they turned on? i think it is.
Did you configure the queue call flow in VMPro?

BAZINGA!

Announcements are on too. In the Announcements Tab its checked ON. Synchronize Calls is OFF. 10 sec is the delay before 1st annoucement then i have checked the box that allows a 2nd announcement to be played. Then third box is checked to repeat the last annoucement. I dont know if any of those should be unchecked, those are the defaults when you turn on Annoucements.

Now this is the part I may be messing up. tlpeter what do I need to do with VM Pro? I have have created a Group under Specific Start Points called Info tech that has Queued and Still Queued within it. Each is setup with a Start > Action Menu with Timeout of 10 second and Touchtone option of 1 that is also pointed to the Leave Mail action. and thats all I have done. again does something need to be set with the Modules section below that part?

Did you select the group or added it manually?
I prefer to select it.
Also did you record the queue message in the menu action?

BAZINGA!

I went under Specific Start Groups and right-cliked Add which created Info Tech and the Queued and Still Queued part. Is there something else I need to do to add it to the call flow?

I did record the queue msg in the menu action. The recording currently says Please Hold for the next available agent or Press 1 to leave a voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back