Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Sandwich Short 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoomerZ

MIS
Jul 15, 2004
US
I am not sure if it belongs here but seems like it...
I just read it (and keep laughing) when lady complained about her friend acting stupid. Another lady suggesting that "she is one sandwich short from a picnic"

I love these phrases so much and wondering is this amuses me so much because I am ESL? Or it amuses everyone?

Higgins,

And you remind me of the famous case that the US Food & Drug Administration brought against a pharmaceutical company for claiming that "Nothing works better than" their product. To which the pharmaceutical counter, "That's right...If you take nothing, it works better than our product."

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
@ 20:14 (29Dec04) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"),
@ 13:14 (29Dec04) Mountain Time

Slipped into the gene pool when the lifeguard wasn't watching.

Hard to believe he beat 10 million other sperm.

Depriving a village somewhere of its idiot.

His team would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.

When she opens her mouth, it's only ever to change the foot that was in there.

got the full six pack, but missing the plastic thingy that holds it all together.

consistently sets low standards, then fails to meet them.

any smarter and he'd be dangerous.

spent two days looking for the 'any key'.

has hit rock bottom and started to dig.

the wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

"Probably the only Test Analyst on Tek-Tips"

Take a look at Forum1393 & sign up if you'd like

[Tongue in cheek mode]

DPlank -- I take it the second to last line doesn't apply to the thread !!!!!!
:)

[/Tongue in chhek mode]

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Maybe... [wink]

"Probably the only Test Analyst on Tek-Tips"

Take a look at Forum1393 & sign up if you'd like

So dumb, when he locked his keys in his car it took him all day to get his family out.

Works the hardest at normal tasks of anyone I've ever met.

My old man used to use a few good ol' farm homilies, some of which I still find funny:

A torrential downpour was:
raining like a cow p!ssin' on a flat rock

The "less than bright" could be:
dumber than a bag of hammers

or they may:
have a half-empty loft

A poor golfer (or hunter, or pitcher, etc):
couldn't hit water from a boat

A liar/politician could not be trusted:
as far as I could spit a rat

Just funny little phrases that stick with you through a life. Occassionally they make a conversation a bit more fun.

[red]Note:[/red] [gray]The above comments are the opinionated ravings of Mr3Putt. As such, Mr3Putt accepts no responsibility for damages, real or contrived, resulting from acceptance of his opinions as fact.[/gray]

as far as I could spit a rat???
I am trying as hard as I can to imagine it

If brains were made of rubber he/she wouldn't have enough to make a flip-flop for a budgie.

If brains were explosives he wouldn't have enought to blow his nose.

sdraper, why is the ant pregnant?

-------------------------------------
• Every joy is beyond all others. The fruit we are eating is always the best fruit of all.
• It is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. There is an ignorance of evil that comes from being young: there is a darker ignorance that comes from doing it, as men by sleeping lose the k

If brains were explosives he wouldn't have enought to blow his hat off.

A few more IQ points and he/she would need watering every other day

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

Do you feel a steady mental decline of people described in this thread?

From just one "sandwich short from a picnic" in the original post, to few IQ points short from "watering every other day" 50-something posts later? (Though, I wouldn't speculate on how many IQ points one sandwich is worth.)

If all you're missing is one sandwich, you've still got a decent picnic, I suppose! The remaining sandwiches can be divided evenly and the deficit made up with an extra piece of cake.

Would that having the IQ of a houseplant were so easily remedied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back