Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700 How to deny an ext from paging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman1960

Technical User
May 7, 2016
CA
Hello all,

A customer has requested that we restrict certain extensions from being able to initiate a PAGE.
Specifically, they would like the *3301 and *3302 codes to be reserved only for administration phones, and not accessible to other users.
We would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Looking at a KX-NS1000 I don't see any obvious way to block the paging codes by user. How about just change the paging codes? See PBX Configuration > System > Numbering Plan > Main > Features tab.

Thank you bazak

Yes, that looks like the way to go, but the customer doesn't want the codes changed; they just want to prevent certain users from accessing Page.
They want other users. Even if they know the code or find the new code, they won't be able to Page from their phones.
Thank you. again.

May be deny those extensions from dialing *33 through COS

omonat@consultant.com

Thank you omonat
I appreciate your bringing this code to my attention.
This code denies or prevents receiving a Page, but what I am looking for is preventing an extension or
a group of extensions from originating a PAGE.

Thank you anyway
I appreciate you taking the time to help.

omonat (TechnicalUser)4 Apr 24 18:18
May be deny those extensions by dialing *33 through COS
omonat@consultant.com

How would that be?

Would COS work like an internal dialing restriction?

Please let me know how your idea would be put in practice.

Thank you

Would COS work like an internal dialing restriction?
I was thinking that way. or under denied codes which would be *33 in this case for the class under which those extensions fall

omonat@consultant.com

Thank you omonat

The denied codes only apply to outbound dialing, the system checks the first digits dialed out against the list
on each of the 5 levels.

I think under 2.7.1 -> Miscellaneous you could attempt to deny those extensions that you dont want to page by changing their Class f Service (COS)- Deny them Broadcast operation.
Are those eextensions digital extensions?

omonat@consultant.com

The extensions are digital phones,
This PBX is a NS700 , on COS Miscellaneous, the closest to Broadcast operations is Conference Group Call Operation, and it was already Disabled
Even though I tested it Enabled or Disabled, none of those worked.
Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back