Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Button with AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmol

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
We have a situation where we need to have a night button to have the night AA kick on. Right now all incoming calls are routed to the Day AA. At night the receptionist wants to be able to hit the night button to direct all calls to now go to the Night AA.

I have set up a phantom user, unconditionally fwd to *20 (short code I set up for Auto Attendant:Night)
Then I set up a "night" hunt group: with this phantom user in it.

I then programmed a button with Action "Set HungGroup Night Service" and Action Data to this night hunt group.

I figured this would work, like forwarding to AA after ringing a hunt group---but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing?

DO you have the Ring Mode set to Sequential for the hunt group that is being set out of service?

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Yes it is set to Sequential. Still just hits the day greeting.

All of my incoming line group ID's are set to AA:Day. Is this right?

I then programmed a button with Action "Set HungGroup Night Service" and Action Data to this night hunt group. "

You want the action as the day group. Then on the day group you set the night service fallback as the night group.

| ACSS SME |

When there is no fallback group configured and voicemail is turned off then put the fake user (with forward) in the fallback destination on the incoming call route.
Works much better.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back