Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New MICS with Call Pilot 150 - Won't Start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kduplooy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2005
US
I accessed the web based management, and tried to give the call pilot a new IP address, I entered the local gateway address and the DNS server, which is across a permenant VPN on a different subnet.

I received an error message stating that I had to give it a FQDN if DNS was used. I gave it a FQDM of VMAIL.DOMAINNAME.local, thinking that DNS would pick up the IP Address allocated by DHCP (Provided at the local gateway)

Now the CAll pilot will not start, and I get "FEATURE INNACTIVE" when I try to access any of the Voicemail features.

When I reboot the lights flash for a while and then go dead.

I have Tried the connect with a crossover cable with no success. I have also tried to connect by serial cable using hyperterminal (VT100/ASCII etc) and all I get is unrecognizable characters.

PLEASE HELP!

I'm not sure on the CP but on the Startalk at times we need to Feature 903 to rebuild and press OK till it reboots, do some reading on it.

F903 is N/A to the CP.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Make sure your CP is communicating with the phone system. you can not access call manager if it is not.

If you are having a problem booting the CP then you need to Hyperterminal into it and power up and see where it is hanging up. If that is not an issue and it boots up properly then hook up a phone to your VM ports and make sure they work. If they do then plug the ports in the CP.

check the digital port on phone system.(take digital set, connect to vm port, verify ext port is working). If all is good there, check wiring to port on CP.

I connected the phone to the VM Ports and They are working.

good...reconnect your call pilot and make sure you get green lights on your ports and most importantly your link light.(LED BELOW 10/100). Again, without a link to the phone system, you can not network into the call pilot.

Did you try to get back in via Hyper yet with the link I gave you? Once your in put the IP back to default to see if that helps then start fresh again.

No lights will stay on. It seems to go through a boot process and then all lights go out.

you REALLY need to monitor the boot sequence thru hyperterminal to find out what is going on. i just timed my call pilot's entire boot sequence here in our lab, and it took close to 10 mins before it linked to the phone system and allowed access. are you giving it enough time to boot up? also, just to make sure, what slot is the flash card in? be sure it is in the slot closest to the wall. when you go to hyperterminal into it make sure you unplug your ethernet cable as well. double check your wiring, be sure that your vm ext. port from the block is wired into port A on the vm.......good luck!

No lights will stay on. It seems to go through a boot process and then all lights go out.

I will ask the same question, are you giving it enough time to boot? That will happen during the boot process.

DigitelD,

Right. The port lites will initially come on, then go out as the boot process starts. The lites will come back on near the end of the boot process, up to 10 minutes after powering on. As has been mentioned it is strongly suggested to watch the boot sequence using Hyperterminal (9600 baud, 8-N-1) to get a clue as to where the trouble lies.

Brian Cox

Can anyone tell me how to configure hyperterminal settings to be able to read the bootup info correctly?

kduplooy,
You might want to get Pro Com Plus. I have never had much luck with the Hyperterm and my IBM so you might want to do that and see if it will translate for you.

Do you have an extra Power Supply? I've had two CP where the power supply was bad. They had similar conditions with what you're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back