Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New MICS with Call Pilot 150 - Won't Start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kduplooy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2005
US
I accessed the web based management, and tried to give the call pilot a new IP address, I entered the local gateway address and the DNS server, which is across a permenant VPN on a different subnet.

I received an error message stating that I had to give it a FQDN if DNS was used. I gave it a FQDM of VMAIL.DOMAINNAME.local, thinking that DNS would pick up the IP Address allocated by DHCP (Provided at the local gateway)

Now the CAll pilot will not start, and I get "FEATURE INNACTIVE" when I try to access any of the Voicemail features.

When I reboot the lights flash for a while and then go dead.

I have Tried the connect with a crossover cable with no success. I have also tried to connect by serial cable using hyperterminal (VT100/ASCII etc) and all I get is unrecognizable characters.

PLEASE HELP!

Curlycord, I have tried the methods on the link you sent, the system is not rebooting, it boots, Lights flash, they stop, No Lights.

During this time I have tried to connect with serial cable via hyperterminal, but can't read the out put. That's why I am asking for help configuring hyperterminal. I have set the rate etc correctly. There may be something I'm missing.

I just want to make sure because people are always offered help yet the user does not say 'Yes I tried that still no go' etc leaving us hanging and wondering.

As for help with hyper I can suggest since your seeing garbled text you have the right COM and on the right path almost...try changing flow control to None going up or down a baud rate or try all the Emulations options listed such as TTY and VT100. Or try another laptop even.

Melissa did a swell job explaing how to change the settings so just try as I suggested....if they dont work put it back before the next adjustment is made.

If it is the Power Supply at fault it would be a 3 prong type plug and the black transformer box would be stone cold or very hot....let it run for 15-30 minutes and feel it.

Cheers
CC

Out of curiosity, why did you assign a DNS to the CP?
It's not necessary for operation, and I can't think of a reason to do so, but I may be missing something.

AT this point I can't think of a good reason either! I think that's what caused my problem..(Hind sight) Now I just want to get back where I started! ( Or my Mommy!)

Day 4
Maybe we should call someone who knows what they are doing

also without ready this sad story are we sure the pcmia card is in the proper slot

i asked back on the 1st......i'm curious as to the outcome as well. kduplooy, don't leave us hanging!!!!

Thank you for all the responses. Unfortunately there has been no improvement. As I Mentioned in the 1st post, I had tried to monitor the boot process and log in with a serial cable using hyperterminal set to (9600 baud, 8-N-1), but only receiveed unrecognizable output.

The PCMCIA Card is in the correct slot nearest the wall. I connected the phone to the VM Ports and They are working.

I still need help with the Hyperterminal setup to be able to read the output.

I also need to know if the "FEATURE INNACTIVE" error I get when I try to access any of the Voicemail features is something I can change from the phone.

Is there any other way to reset the callpilot to factory settings?

Thnaks again.

i would guess first make sure your comm port is good
with setting you were given try this

Run Hyper Terminal
If DB 25 Short 2 & 3 and 5 & 20 on the comm port or set flow control to none and short 2 & 3.
If DB 9 Short 2 & 3 and 4 & 8 on the comm port or set flow control to none and short 2 & 3.
A letter typed from the keyboard should echo on the screen

pins go
male

female

Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: Hardware

As to the "inactive feature", that's usually a pretty easy fix, provided the vm and ksu are talking.

From any m7310 set (or t7316, or m7324), press feature 9*1, and press ok through all the default settings. This will only work if the vm is booting up, though, so it may not work in your case.

It's still worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back