Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New MAI Contest -- Name That Business 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMufasa

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
US
Since you MAIers are all so incredibly creative, I thought I would continue to tap into those creative juices (or whatever fluid floats your boat) and see who can come up with the best name for my new business.

Basically, I go to client's homes and inventory all their stuff. I take digital pictures of everything from their TV to hand towels (if they want). I then put their information (scanning receipts, purchase dates, serial numbers, models, et cetera) into my software. Next, I create a CD/DVD with a copy of all their information and photos.

My service objective is that clients can use the info in the event their home is destroyed by fire or other disaster (e.g. Katrina/Rita), or if they are robbed, for insurance-coverage issues, tax issues, or the like.

If you have more questions or if you need more information let me know. I am really looking forward seeing your suggestions for the company name. Thanks!!

Aaaahllrighteeee then...Ready, set, goooooooo!!
or for our good British friends...Ready, steady, go!

Thanks,

MiniMufasa

IRS? [ROFL]

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
Author and Sole Proprietor of: Emu Products Plus

From KenCunningham: Policy-Pix or Proofs Positive

hmmm.... Proofs Positive-Inventory Service

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Since you're going to be using a digital camera and CD/DVD media, how about:

Digital Documentation
Digital Asset Documentatin (DAD)
Digital Proof

Of the ones given so far, I like "Proof Positive" about the best.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

How about
Family Asset Recording Technicians ;-)

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

[tongue]

Digital Documentation - DD

dd if=/DVD/inventory of=/insurance-coverage

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

I like FART a lot.

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

Digital Scrapbooks and Inventories

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

isn't the word "scrap" something "offensive" for a home or company owner?

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

I don't think 'scrapbook' would be an offensive term to anyone, but you never know.

--------------
Good Luck
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

DVD Time Capsule" -I like this phrase- from SkipVought, sounds to me as the finalproduct!

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

I am deeply offended by the term scrapbook, my daddy was killed in scrapbooking accident.

[curse]

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

DrJoe,

<bereavement mode>
Please accept my deepest sympathies for your profound loss. Would you be willing to post a link to your scrapbook of his funeral.
</bereavement mode>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

Running with scissors? [cry]

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
Author and Sole Proprietor of: Emu Products Plus

Maybe it was a paper cut, or an overdose of inhaled glue?

--------------
Good Luck

Wouldn;t it be nice that if your house was burned down or completely robbed, you also could call MiniMufasa, and then he photo-fake a complete inventory, so you can still claim it from the insurance? You can call it: The Recreators, or RestyleIT...

Pampers.

You're never too young to learn

I'm a little short on time, but I was thinking of something for R.I.S.K.

The name of the company or product could be something along those lines... just some free thought...

R.I.S.K. Management

Recorded Inventory Security Kit (more of a product name)

Other possibilities for "I" could be idemnity or insurance.

For "SK" it could be "Safe-Keeping"

...that's all the time I have for now, I might be back later.

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back