Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New look website

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepingbusy

Programmer
Apr 9, 2000
GB
Congratulations to Tek-Tips on the new look website. I'm sure some additional comments from users in this forum would be appropriate and appreciated

Lee

VisFox Version 6 User / Windows ME

though not a big deal for me (cuz maybe it's just me), has anyone noticed how some hyperlinks on the left and right part of this site (the ones in the blue area) sometimes disappear after the page loaded? this mostly happens on the "my threadminder" and the "mvps" list but i just move my mouse pointer over the invisible text and it appears like magic.

this is just something i noticed. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

torturedmind

According to the site owners, this is a font issue, that will be looked after. Currently they are ironing out the more technical glithes (The ones that cause runtime errors).

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Stella,

I was talking about "My Threadminder", which is that forum list on the left panel right below the controls,

Oh, yes. I was confusing that with "my threads".

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Hi, everyone!

I don't know if it was a right thing to do to dig out this thread again, but it seems to fit the topic nicely.

Did you notice that user profile is back on again, sorted and improved? Except, you don't know any more, how many stars even you have, not to mention everyone else. Wouldn't it be nice to have one more column added to this new profile, to show a member's stars separately on each forum?

On the other hand, did you notice, that "My threads" page is now showing as many identical entries for each of your threads, as many replies you posted on this thread? Each of them get marked as read/unread at the same time, of course. So, with this post, my list will grow by one. Ouch. Much harder to get through.

Or is the site still in the process of upgrading?

Stella

Did you notice that user profile is back on again, sorted and improved? Except, you don't know any more, how many stars even you have, not to mention everyone else. Wouldn't it be nice to have one more column added to this new profile, to show a member's stars separately on each forum?

According to the powers that be, this is still being fixed. The intention is to include stars awarded, although you can see them in the "fulllist" feature.

On the other hand, did you notice, that "My threads" page is now showing as many identical entries for each of your threads, as many replies you posted on this thread? Each of them get marked as read/unread at the same time, of course. So, with this post, my list will grow by one. Ouch. Much harder to get through.

This has been brought up to management as well, and is being corrected. Some DISTINCT clause missing somewhere.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks, Mike!

Mind me asking, what's "fulllist" feature and where do I find it? Don't think I've ever used it.

Stella

Mind me asking, what's "fulllist" feature and where do I find it? Don't think I've ever used it.

If you look on the right-hand side,in any forums, at the "MVPs" section, the last entry is "Full List".

Mike Gagnon

Stella,

did you notice, that "My threads" page is now showing as many identical entries for each of your threads, as many replies you posted on this thread

Yes, and it's been driving me up the wall. It seems to have got worse every day. But, as Mike Gagnon says, the management are aware of it, and I'm sure they will want to fix it.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back