Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New look website

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepingbusy

Programmer
Apr 9, 2000
GB
Congratulations to Tek-Tips on the new look website. I'm sure some additional comments from users in this forum would be appropriate and appreciated

Lee

VisFox Version 6 User / Windows ME

I for one, love the changed look of the interface. Change is good.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Not sure if it's my settings, but when you get notifed by email of someone responding to your post, when you click on the link within the email it doesn't take you straight to the thread but to the home page of Tek-Tips. Anyone else experiencing this?

Lee

Lee,

I don't use the email notification feature.

However, I have noticed that since the new look came in, I have to log in each time, wheras Tek Tips used to remember my login between sessions. This is despite the fact that I tick the "remember me" box, and cookies are properly enabled.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Mike

I think there may be a problem. I've just clicked the link again in my email notification and it still doesn't take you to the thread. One thing though, I don't have to log in any more!

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this minor problem

Thanks for replying
Lee.....

Mike

However, I have noticed that since the new look came in, I have to log in each time, wheras Tek Tips used to remember my login between sessions. This is despite the fact that I tick the "remember me" box, and cookies are properly enabled.

That issue has been reported and is being worked on.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks Mike

Has anyone noticed something else? I started this thread with an incorrect spelling
New look wesbite
Its now changed to
New look website

Also two postings are missing, now that it strange!
[surprise]

Lee.....

keepingbusy

Maybe the new site includes a spellcheck. ;-)

Mike Gagnon

Maybe the new site includes a spellcheck

Could be, I suggested that in the post on this thread that went missing. Perhaps Dave Murphy is watching!

Cheers Mike
Lee

Hi xenology

At the moment no. I'm sure that as things are changing here, it has to be something to do with that. I have tried the search but it returns all criteria from all forums. I suggest, "Let's give a while". Perhaps we could have some sort of notification to let users know whats happening, just a thought

Lee......

great design - simple yet catchy [wink] color combination is good, too! but i haven't tried the other features yet (search, faq's, etc.) i thought for a moment i was in the wrong web-site [tongue]

keep up the good work sirs! [thumbsup] peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

Congratulations to Tek-tips! It's very nice.

Bren
Project Team Head
Philippines

Am I missing something? I don't see "Next Thread" anywhere. -Jim

In 'My Threadminder', there are no more using bold face to notify if there are any change since my last visited, I hope this funciton could be keep on. Thanks.

MarvinR,

In 'My Threadminder', there are no more using bold face to notify if there are any change since my last visited

Yes, I just noticed that as well. That could be a real nuisance if it's not fixed. It would mean having to go to every thread in turn to see if there is any activity.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Congratulations to Tek-Tips on the makeover. Nice overall look. Will take time to get used to, though.

Never used "Remember me", "Next thread" or e-mail notification features, so cannot comment on these. FAQ seem to work.

Did anyone notice that names of the forums in "My Threadminder" once in a while (yes, not always, only under some conditions which I cannot name yet) overlap title of the next forum group? Say, the last forum in my "Programmers" group sometimes overlaps the name of the next group, "Corporate Water Cooler", and names of some forums overlap the ones under them. Do we have fixed space for each forum name/limited number of forums for each forum group? And names of the forums kind of look jumbled together, making them hard to read.

Bren,
Do you really have no handle or we have some kind of a bug here?

Mike, Marvin,

The green star on the left of each forum name serves the same purpose.

The bold typeface is catchier and easier to read, though.

In addition, some intervals between the forum names would be even nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back