Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

net send 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveD73

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
GB
Hi

Does anyone have any information on how the 'net send' command works?

Yes i undersatand the purpose of this forum and if anything you IT proffesionals should turn off windows messanger on networks that you control. Sorry if my intensions were misunderstood.

Does anyone know how to send multiple messages to one user, or infinite messages? Just trying to play a little joke on my brother on our home network. Thank you...

As Grenage pointed out -

"Tek-Tips forums: Technical work forums for computer professionals"

Please do not abuse the privalege of using an extremely high quality, professional, free site. People here are willing to help solve problems; the information you're looking for can easily be found elsewhere.

Ask google instead.

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

and easy way to send a message to every computer in your workgroup is to type net send * (message)

anyone have troubles using net send with the IP address on a NT machine with SP5. I can use the name just fine on the NT machine and I can send a message with an IP address from a XP or 2000 machine. Does NT not handle IP addresses with net send?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back