Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help! IP 500 V2 Embedded Voicemail to Email Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmotarex

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2014
US
I've been trying to get this to work for a week or so now and I have almost gave up on this. I'm posting here as a last resort. I Probably should have posted here first but I wanted to try several different combinations/configurations before posting here.

I have tried the following: (None of these worked)

IP Office V2 embedded voicemail with Hmailserver on dedicated desktop computer that's on the same network. (179.x.x.x)
IP Office V2 embedded voicemail with Stunnel on dedicated desktop computer that's on the same network. (179.x.x.x)
IP Office V2 embedded with GMX email account. Configured as member BAS1234 suggested on several other threads.

I would like to go the GMX route if possible. It doesn't require any service to run 24/7 on a dedicated PC.

I'm currently using the following:

--- IP 500 Office V2 with embedded voicemail R8 Manager Version 10.0 (16)
--- Our company's email setup : Windows Server 2003, Microsoft exchange, Outlook 2010 (No SMTP relay)
--- GMX email account.
--- Our network addresses: 3 different physical locations, 179.1.1.1-254), 179.1.3.1-254), 179.1.5.1-254)

Pictures of IP office configuration:

2e3yd7d.jpg

10441me.jpg

29pq736.jpg

rbcvid.jpg

2dsh8y9.jpg

33wv234.jpg

vg08kz.jpg

I will post pictures from Monitor regarding logs and System Status regarding Pings if needed. (All pings fails unless pinging 179.1.x.x address)

Thanks for any help.

Tim

You need an IP route to route calls out your router, you don't have one :)

I've tried changing IP route to the following:

IP Address 0.0.0.0
IP Mask 0.0.0.0
Gateway 179.1.3.5 (My network location's default gateway)
Destination LAN2

However, Pings still fail. I will post pictures if needed.

Thanks,

I removed the address. However, this system is currently in use so it will be a little bit for a reboot of the system.

I removed the primary trans address. Tried to ping via System Status and got the following:

2nimbd3.jpg

Yes. I can ping the router Using LAN2 with destination 179.1.3.5

Then it isn't routing your traffic, or another IP route in the system is sending the traffic elsewhere :)

---Pinging mail.gmx.com from cmd line (Desktop on the same network):

Pinging mail.gmx.com [74.208.5.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.208.5.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

---Tracert mail.gmx.com does something similar. 1 hop to the gateway (179.1.3.5) and then Request timed out.

Network Firewall possibly the cause? It's a remote server.

Not all servers respond to ping, ping 8.8.8.8 and see what you get 😄

Saying that I can ping 74.208.5.1, so something's getting in the way..... :)

Can you ping out to anywhere on the Internet? 8.8.8.8 as suggested above? Is the router performing NAT? 179.x.x.x is not an address range allocated for private (LAN) use.

No, I'm unable to ping 8.8.8.8

My public address is 198.x.x.x

Our internal network uses 179.x.x.x addressing

You need to question your IT folks really, we can't help if you can't even leave your own network for anything beyond web traffic :)

I thought maybe there was some configuration I was missing that would allow me to send traffic to the email server and then to the email recipient.

Your config may be spot on but if the system can't reach the address it needs to it can't possibly work, you need to resolve that before you can proceed any further :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back