Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help! IP 500 V2 Embedded Voicemail to Email Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmotarex

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2014
US
I've been trying to get this to work for a week or so now and I have almost gave up on this. I'm posting here as a last resort. I Probably should have posted here first but I wanted to try several different combinations/configurations before posting here.

I have tried the following: (None of these worked)

IP Office V2 embedded voicemail with Hmailserver on dedicated desktop computer that's on the same network. (179.x.x.x)
IP Office V2 embedded voicemail with Stunnel on dedicated desktop computer that's on the same network. (179.x.x.x)
IP Office V2 embedded with GMX email account. Configured as member BAS1234 suggested on several other threads.

I would like to go the GMX route if possible. It doesn't require any service to run 24/7 on a dedicated PC.

I'm currently using the following:

--- IP 500 Office V2 with embedded voicemail R8 Manager Version 10.0 (16)
--- Our company's email setup : Windows Server 2003, Microsoft exchange, Outlook 2010 (No SMTP relay)
--- GMX email account.
--- Our network addresses: 3 different physical locations, 179.1.1.1-254), 179.1.3.1-254), 179.1.5.1-254)

Pictures of IP office configuration:

2e3yd7d.jpg

10441me.jpg

29pq736.jpg

rbcvid.jpg

2dsh8y9.jpg

33wv234.jpg

vg08kz.jpg

I will post pictures from Monitor regarding logs and System Status regarding Pings if needed. (All pings fails unless pinging 179.1.x.x address)

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Personally I'd be putting the LAN2 interface on an actual IANA specified private IP address range and altering the default gateway and DNS Server address to be within that range also to rule out whether your current addressing scheme is causing the issue, i.e. IP Office on 172.16.0.1, DNS Server on 172.16.0.x and the gateway on 172.16.0.254 with a /24 (255.255.255.0) subnet. You'll then have to update your IP route to the new gateway IP address and DNS Server to the new IP address. Try to ping out then and see if you have internet connectivity. If the router is blocking ICMP then trying pinging an FQDN - you still won't receive an ICMP response but this should at least show you whether DNS is resolving FQDNs to IP addresses.

Failing that your router configuration needs looking at as your issue is beyond voicemail to e-mail if you're not able to reach the Internet.

I was able to get voicemail to email working by using the IP address of our Exchange server in IP Office.(SMTP Tab)

However, SMTP relay had to be created for the LAN2 IP address.

Seems to work fine. I cannot use any IP address besides 179.x.x.x. Our company network blocks all traffic besides that on port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back