Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mxe 3300 failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2007
Had a 3300 send a request for huge memory allocation it slowed and rebooted. Anyone else experience this?

Please of the number of active connection you have, I would highly recommend you call technical support on this one.

I will. I,m thinking DSpool. Any thoughts?

What's your memory like? Have you modified your DIMs?

If 7.1 there is an issue with how memory is accessed in this release. You can either upgrade to the latest 7.1 with SP or go to release 8 the issue is resolved.

In the telnet interface turn on debug then (if still supported) run
LLDCLI DSPOOL AUDIT
give the results to Prod Supp.
I'm pretty sure sastats and slopoke are gone, but donno about others. Is the LIST command structure still supported and would any of those help?
Maybe turn on the kernel monitor and then watch the SW logs for an hour or so during peak traffic hours.
KER CO(ontinuous)
KER STOP
I forget the interval the kernel reports are put in the SW log, every 15 mins or so seems I recall. Been awhile
There's some snapshot commands to use for an instantaneous peek at the queue, store and pool, but I would suggest letting PS guide you through those, some commands with a fast ker poll rate can create the same symptom you're trying to diagnose and bring a system to its knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back