Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multicall Button Programmed But Not Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelGuy57201

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2008
US
I have a quick question (wishful thinking - I know).

I have an extension (8591) that has a multicall button programmed on it (8596). This is to allow users to answer a call to 8596 on their phone (8591 in this case). A call to 8596 is supposed to ring on 8591 as well as 5 other phones when it comes in.

It is working fine on all other phones with the exception of this one.

When a call comes in to 8596, no flashing on the programmed button and it is not ringing on 8591 (even though it is programmed to ring).

I have swapped the set out (thinking it may be something physically wrong with it) and have deleted and re-added the extension thinking it may be something wonky with the programming.

Neither have resolved the issue and at this point - I am just short of beating my head against a wall.

I will also say that calls directly to extension 8591 ring as expected.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

system type?
set type?
is 8596 just a multi-call key appearance or is it a set as well?

Sorry - should have included that.

It is a 3300 and the set is a 5224 dual mode.

8596 is only a multi-call key appearance.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Since the 5224 does not have a LED display I have to ask, if you select the programed key, get dialtone?
Hotdesking?

The 5224 does have a 2 line display. As for dial tone on the programmed button, when I was on the phone with him today, I had him place me on hold and press the button. He stated that it showed "add held" on the display. I don't think I have ever seen that before?

As to hotdesking, no - we do not have that (nor is it setup).

Do you have more than 1 controller? Could the failing phone be registered to a different system?

That's a long shot so I'll ask in a different direction.
- When you go to the Multiline group assignment and check appearances of 8596 does it show an appearance on 8591?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

We do have multiple controllers but it does show up as being programmed on 8591.

When I stated the set does not have LED for line display I meant the set uses a paper label.
If you add a 7th appearance on another phone does that multi-call work?

In the IP telephones All form - Check the status of 8591

Based on your symptoms, the phone is resilient and running on the 2nd server.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

After checking, the phone is registered to its "home" controller.

I will put the multi-call button on another set and see if it works there - I will let you know how I come out.

I added the multi-call button on a 7th phone and no go there either.

It is working on the original 5 but not the 6th or 7th.

There is a limit of 32 sets it can be programmed on and I am nowhere near the limit.

I will reboot the controller this weekend just on the off-chance that it will magically fix it but as of this time, I am not too optimistic.

Sorry for such a late reply... my apologies.

The reboot of the controller resolved the issue.

Truthfully, I should have started there but had never had any issues in the past... first time for everything I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back