Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Ring Group > Members > Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaltman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2014
US
Hi everyone, I'm really needing some help.

I am the web developer where I work and our carrier/broker and our network administrator have seriously got us in a bind. Since he's on vacation, I'm trying to get this resolved because it's been a problem for several weeks that I just found out about. I have tried scrubbing through several different posts; however, my experience with the ring groups is very little. So let me identify what we would like to do, as well as what is currently happening.

The Ideal Situation
[ol ]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567[/li]
[li]If there are available agents (i.e. all on the phone, or fewer calls in queue than those available), the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If the call goes unanswered or no agents are available, the customer is sent to the 1567 voice mail.[/li]
[/ol]

The Current Situation
[ol]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567.[/li]
[li]If there are available agents, the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If there are no agents available, the caller receives a message saying the phone is disconnected, a busy tone, or unavailable (differs depending on the extention).[/li]
[/ol]

How would I go about doing something like that?

Also, I just tested this ring group setup. If the caller makes it to the voice mail and leaves a voice mail followed by saving it (option 9), it is dropped out the main office's phone line. For us, this is an issue. We want to appear to be someone else by it dropping us to the office's auto-attendant it is disclosing that we are not what the previous message said we were. Although, this is probably a different monster in itself.

Doing something like what?

And I don't understand what you mean by "dropped out the main office's phone line".

As I mentioned earlier, you program a fim module to an available mezzinine card slot, then assign a per node to one of the fim ports. I usually assign unit 16. Then assigns some cards in the cabinet. You can then program your dummy on it. You will also have to adjust alarm thresholds to cover this.

Here’s the scenario:

BIG Outsourcing provides customer service for several clients. They have two clients (ABC Co and DEF Co), which they are contractually obligated to say they work for each of them, respectively. They have several other small clients, but they call as BIG Outsourcing.

When a representative on the ABC or DEF team calls a customer, they give them an 800 number to return their call. The 800 number dials into the office and is passed to its respective team. It needs to ring only the representatives on its respective team. When it reaches voice mail, it needs to be sure that after leaving the voice mail it does not go to the secretary’s (0) of BIG Outsourcing; otherwise, it is in breach of its contract.

Additionally, the BIG Outsourcing reps give out their phone, which rings the secretary. The secretary then transfers the calls to the respective BIG Outsourcing rep, unless the customer dials the extension for BIG Outsourcing directly.

The current problems we have are:
[ol]
[li]If all four reps on ABC are unavailable, the caller gets a busy tone.[/li]
[li]After the caller leaves a voice mail for ABC on their line, they can press the 9 key and be sent to BIG Outsourcing’s main line.[/li]
[/ol]

9qb33k.jpg

A DN does not have to be the prime DN of a set to be able to assign multicall appearances of it. It just has to exist as a single line somewhere first.

The caveat with using a non-prime multicall versus a Ring Group for this particular application is that for each multicall appearance you consume a key on each set you make it appear on, where a Ring Group requires no additional keys. It sounds like in this case you have multiple RG's ringing the same sets, so that could be an issue if you add more instances of this setup. Also you can assign a discrete COS to a ring group, where a non-prime M/C will inherit the COS of the set it appears on.

I wonder if you could get around the overflow bug by instead overflowing to an ACD path that then itself overflows to VM?

@jpruder I am sorry but I don't understand the jargon used in your description. If you could tell me the exact verbiage, I can search the "Help" menu and find what you're speaking of. Again, I do apologize.

@Lundah We do have a team that handles many small clients, which does have several (one has about 5) ring groups that ring on it.

Ok now I get what you mean on what happens after leaving the message. The only way I know of to fix that requires splitting the VM ports into separate hunt groups and assigning different greeting sets for each HG, and I'm guessing that's not really feasible for this application. The 3300's embedded voice mail is pretty crude and, while it's great for basic messaging, is not designed for the application you're looking for, sorry to say.

@Lundah Would this capability be possible in the upgraded version of Mitel?

Which product? The 3300/MCD embedded VM, no. But NuPoint Voice Mail (now called MiCollab UM) defnitely could.

I would add if the old way worked for you, yes you can still do it that way and not use licenses if you program a phantom piece of equipment. Reading the help file should give you some guidance in adding a fake per node or asu.

@jpruder, I mentioned why the old way did not work, which is that it was causing licensing issues.

At this time, we have upgraded the system to MCD 6.

I have a cuestión? Could you tell me wich number are you using to make the overflow... Please tell me exactly what value do you have there? I think i know why you are having this problema but let me know first what i question you please...
Thks

We have a DID that comes into extension 1234. We have 1234 setup as the ring group with an overflow point of 55. Additionally, we have a voice mail setup as 1234, which has an extension of 1234 and a operator of 1234.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back