Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Ring Group > Members > Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaltman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2014
US
Hi everyone, I'm really needing some help.

I am the web developer where I work and our carrier/broker and our network administrator have seriously got us in a bind. Since he's on vacation, I'm trying to get this resolved because it's been a problem for several weeks that I just found out about. I have tried scrubbing through several different posts; however, my experience with the ring groups is very little. So let me identify what we would like to do, as well as what is currently happening.

The Ideal Situation
[ol ]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567[/li]
[li]If there are available agents (i.e. all on the phone, or fewer calls in queue than those available), the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If the call goes unanswered or no agents are available, the customer is sent to the 1567 voice mail.[/li]
[/ol]

The Current Situation
[ol]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567.[/li]
[li]If there are available agents, the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If there are no agents available, the caller receives a message saying the phone is disconnected, a busy tone, or unavailable (differs depending on the extention).[/li]
[/ol]

The hardware may not support upgrading beyond 9.0

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

That's a good point. But I know for sure that Ring Groups were buggy as hell in the older 8.0 releases. I found a bug that if all members of a RG were in DND and you called the RG pilot, the controller would reboot.

And according to my records, 8.0.11.24 was the last 8.0 release. If at all possible, I would upgrade to that at the very minimum.

@Lundah That's crazy. And even more frustrating because I do alpha and beta tests before I release a web app.

It's even more frustrating that I cannot find a Mitel 3300 Manual with all it's glory. I just keep finding random portions. I have been searching the "Help" menu. I am assuming this menu is up to date with the current version I am running.

Currently, I have been able to determine adding a user in the "User Configuration" with a user type of:
[ul]
[li]Standard, results in 1 IP Device and 1 IP User license being used.[/li]
[li]Hot Desk User, results in 1 IP User license being used.[/li]
[li]ACD Agent, results in neither a IP Device or IP User license being used.[/li]
[/ul]

In trying to add an "ACD Agent" user to a line as a Multicall, it wouldn't allow me to. Do you know how I would go about adding one of these users to a line on someone's phone?

@Lundah I know we do have a schedule update in the upcoming month; however, we are in a bind now due to calls being lost.

ACD Agent ID's aren't assignable as multicall lines, and even if they were, you're not licensed to have any so you can't even program one up to begin with. Your test example should work, assuming "55" in the RG overflow point is the number for the voice mail hunt group. You can verify this by looking in Hunt Group Assignment, and looking for the one that's a type "VoiceMail".

The test example is definitely not working. Here is what our hunt groups look like.

fbjehw.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea. Is that abnormal? I know our system was hacked (due to the way it's managed) by someone in Somalia not too long ago (about a month). Maybe this is residual?

Yes. It has members 3001 to 3020. Although, our users are in the 1-2000 range.

I'm guessing if you went into Voice Mail Port Configuration you'd see 3001-3020 assigned to the VM ports. Just making sure that when the Ring Group overflows to 55 that it has somewhere to go.

I don't recall any problems with overflowing a ring group to a VM box, but I haven't looked at an 8.0 system in a few years now. So maybe there's a problem with the VM hunt group or the members? If you just pick up an extension and dial 55, the VM port answers, yes?

You are correct. Voice Mail Port Assignment appears as follows:
t56789.jpg

If I dial 55 or any of the 3001-3020, I am asked to enter my voice mail box number. If I dial the 3110, I am sent to our auto-attendant.

Well that explains the other VM hunt group.

Try assigning the overflow DN to something other than voicemail, like another set, and see what happens when you call the RG with all members busy.

@Lundah I'm not positive as far as what an Overflow Point should be. Could I make this an extension?

Furthermore, I am not sure what the rules are of the forum. However, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind, can I get your email address and maybe you could assist me. I would definitely be sure to put the result of the conversation on here so others could benefit from the solution (if found). Just thinking it may be faster. If that's against forum rules though, I would understand.

Assuming you just can't get the overflow from the ring group to work, there's another method to achieve the same function, though it will consume a key on the agent's phones. Create what's called a "non-prime appearance" on the agent sets by programming the desired DN (can't be assigned as something else, so test this out before removing a "live" number". The first appearance will be a line type of "Single Line", but the subsequent appearances will be line type "Multicall". Then go into Call Re-Routing Assignment and set the 1st Alternative to whichever one points to VM.

Double-check the help file for the Ring Group Assignment form for the conditions, but I believe you can make the overflow destination any dialable number on the system. I would make it an extension just to see if the ring group is overflowing properly. Plan B is the multicall key solution I just posted.

So I'm finally reading the rest of the thread before I jumped in, and for your "dummy" device solution, what I normally would do on a pre-MCD5 system is assign one "dummy" set with as many keys as I can get on it, then also give it a dual PKM. Then I can assign my "dummy" numbers to those keys when I need them and add multicall appearances of them on the actual phones that need them. That way I'm only burning 1 license and getting about 100 free key appearances out of it. But really, you don't even have to do that you can just assign a fresh non-prime wherever you need it, my method just gives you an easy way to keep track of what's been set up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back