Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from an MXe III to ISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieV3

Programmer
Mar 8, 2006
GB
Hi All,

I'm not looking for advice as such, just pearls of wisdom gained from experience.

As our business has grown, I'm migrating our Agent Gateway MXe III to ISS to enable us to add more users and not be affected by the limited number of agents you should have active on an MXe at any one time. Our MXe III is expanded, but we're going to be using up to 500 agents at any one time.

When I start the migration, what kind of pitfalls can I expect?
I'm envisaging issues with WFS, as we use that for shift patterns and leave. When I change the employee details in yoursite, will it remove the employee config in WFS? I'm also worried about my queue groups. When I recreate them, as the reporting numbers will be the same, will I still be able to view my historical call reports?

Thanks

REMOVE ALL ANALOG DEVICES AND TRUNKS BEFORE GETTING YOUR BACKUP FOR THE UPGRADE!

Basically, remove anything not ip based including the analog main board (paging, external moh)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

You are kind of mixing things up here. You mention migrating MXe to ISS but then you are asking questions regarding WFS which is a separate product. What product is your WFS as that seems to be your main area of concern?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

kwbMitel - Thanks for the heads up.

LoopyLou - I ask this as I'm worried moving users onto another server will remove them from Mitel's Workforce Scheduler, one of the applications downloaded from CCM Web.

Typically as long as the reporting numbers match you can re-visit your reports and data. The agents and groups will need to be identical to the historical data for it to make sense. I have no experience on WFM so can't say if deleteing the agent information from the 3300 will in turn delete it from the WFM.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back