Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS config not being applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigipa

Programmer
Nov 24, 2002
US
Hello All,

I'm having a very strange problem with a MICS system. I can configure sets and lines, log out, login, and verify that everything is the way I set it. The problem is that the none of the settings are actually being applied.

For example:

I can set a particular feature on a phone set button and verify the the button setting is correct, but when the button is pressed, it is not the feature I set.

I would appreciate any and all advice on what would cause this. I have tried everything I can think of. The system was fine until we shut it down to move it to another location.

The software version is 7.1

Thanks,
-S

Are you programming from an on-site extension, or remotely through a rad?

Hello All,

Sorry for my delayed response. I had to put the fire out first.

curlycord: This doesn't effect any specific feature.

RikRodgers: I have used both an on-site extension and a RAD.

Basically, everything is set as it needs to be, But the sets never see it. The set config appear to be the default.

Thanks,
-S

This doesn't help, but I've had some major problems or like ilk with MICS 7.1. On my problem software not even a cold 'restart' fixed it. Got new software.

PhM

VVV

My understanding is that there are some software bugs in the 7.1.

You should contact your vendor for the correct patch that supposedly fixes these issues.

Thanks to all of you who have replied. I have moved the cust back to 7.0. Everything is fine now.

Thanks Again,
-S

It really sounds like (from CP issues elswhere to this) upgrading to 7.1 is upgrading right into the toilet.

I haven't had any problems upgrading to 7.1's. But I do know that there was a bug in the early releases that has since been fixed with an upgraded PCMCIA feature card. That's about all I know of this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back