Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS GATC going dead 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I recently moved a MICS. On multiple occassions card 1 which is a Caller ID line card goes dead (shows unequipped in the system). Card is there. I swapped out the card, issue returned, then I rebooted the KSU and that clears it. Could this just be power outages / quick outages? There is no UPS but one in the works. Card 2 and Trunk Module seem to be ok. Never seen cards just 'disappear'.

"Nortel used to ship 220 Ohm 1W resistors with the GATC to protect the card from overly high ring trip voltage"

I am curious as to what vintage card this was, and if cards made after that were tried by jssad.

Looks like 3 days up time so far?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I also put in an older CI card (does not stick out) along with the resistors. I have the flaky card, I will let you know the vintage. It has a hologram sticker on the front. I have it in my MICS and it works just fine. There are two other similar new cards in this customer system that work fine. Go figure.

Card in question was NT7B75AAAF / NNTMENC6BLJY GATC CLI TRI MKT

Thanks

That's the exact same card I spoke of above:
"I had a similar frustrating issue on a CICS years ago where the phone system would reboot randomly on an inbound call.
After countless troubleshooting it turned out that line cards ending in D, E and first version F were problematic in this particular case which was a an office trailer in a remote location."

I had posted it as "NT7B75AAAF GATC CLID"

The cards ending in "G" was the fix.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back