Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 Hunt Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
Good Morning All,

I had to perform a hand reload of a system this past weekend (after a software upgrade went south), everything is back up and running except for the backup operator hunt group.

On set 100 (Main Operator) we have 5 appearances of line 158 (Appear & Ring)

On set 233 (Backup Operator) we have 5 appearances of line 158 (Appear Only) and one appearance of line 199 (Ring Only)

This was the only part of the original programming I failed to properly document, of course...

Line 158 is in ring group 002 and is assigned to the Night Schedule, immediate answer at night, this works fine.

In normal mode line 158 is set as DRT to prime after six rings.

I keep trying but can't seem to make set 233 ring after three rings and overflow to the voicemail (set 176).

Any ideas guys?

Thank you in advance!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! [santa]

~Melissa

Lets look at line 199 on set 233. It rings at 233. When you call the number on line 199 will it go to mail after three or four rings?

If the line doses not ring on the phone it will not follow the forward settings. Why are you nit using ext 100 to forward the call after the rings?

Are you sure you are giving us proper Hunt Group programming?
Sounds like Set programming with lines.

Per Hawks the set needs to A&R or R Only in order to forward.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I currently have tandem ringing setup for 100 and 233 just to let them operate somewhat normally.

I have CfNA on set 233 set to 10 rings for line 199 and 158 rings on both sets at the same time.

The way we had it before it would forward after three rings to the backup operator and then overflow to 176 Voicemail.

The problem is the backup operator is in accounting and doesn't want the primary BTN to ring every time a call comes in.

HAWKS:

I'm probably over-thinking this issue, its been an insanely busy month..

Any suggestions?

Why not assign lines to hunt groups
Is 176 an actual set?

Sorry just seems little info to go on.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I need calls to Ring at 100, overflow to 233 then overflow to general Mailbox? this what you are wanting?

Try this

Calls to Appear Only on sets 100 and 233

Hunt Group 1 (X461)
Member X100
Assign Lines 168 and 199
Time out 15 secs
Overflow to X462

Hunt Group 2 (X462)
Member X233
(no line programming required)
Time out 15 secs
Overflow to X176

Both lines will ring at 100, after 15 seconds they forward and ring at 233, after 15 seconds it drops into the general delivery mailbox.

Note that Hunt Groups ignore the CFNA settings so no need to worry about them.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Make lines appear only then make set 100's CFNA to 233 after 3 rings. TaDa.

Thanks for your response, Curly, tried these settings but I'm still getting it wrong somehow using hunt group 002.

The biggest problem I'm having is trying to do this during normal business hours, it's more than a bit hectic at the plant right now.

*Cook1082:

Are you suggesting leaving the rings on set 100 then forward to 233 where line 158 (BTN) is "appear only"?

Would the DRT to prime (6 rings to voicemail) still carry over after the transfer 100 to 233?

I haven't really had a chance to try this out yet.

If its really this easy I'm gonna bang my head against a wall! [banghead]

Start banging!

Cook's method will work as long as 100 and 233 do not have a private voice mail.

Go with Curly if they do

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

AllWorxGuy:

So what I did, was make line 158 Appear & Ring on set 100 (5 Appearances of BTN) and then on set 233 I made 158 Appear Only (5 appearances) and set line 199 (Private Line) to Ring Only.

I set DRT to prime at 6 rings to the Voicemail Port (176), then I set CFNa on set 100 to 3 rings to set 233.

I also set the forward no answer on set 233 to 4 rings to Voicemail.

If somebody calls the primary BTN the call forwards after three rings to set 233 on the sixth ring (after CFNa) the voicemail answers!

If somebody dials the private line (199) the voicemail answers on ring number four!

YAY! [2thumbsup]

Awesome.

For Ext 233, since line 158 is appear only, you'll need 5 intercoms if you want to answer 5 calls at once.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back