Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

microsoft teams/voice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colec12

Technical User
Jul 28, 2011
US
We Integrated teams/voice with our Avaya pbx (6.2) Sess (7.1) and are using a SBC from audiocodes. Has anyone else done this?
Works well so far but I am having an issue with caller ID coming from teams. IF I call my cell phone it says "no caller ID" By all accounts it seems like it is passing the info through from audi codes (trace) and also the session manager (trace from cli) Could the problem lie in the trunk or signaling group?

I've supported that kind of config.

What's MS sending as CLID?

What kind of trunk is CM using to hit your cell on the PSTN?

Is the MS CLID a proper PSTN number leaving Teams to your Audiocodes to SM to CM?

I am not sure what the exact callflow is. But the png you sent has a number in the from, so if this goes to CM make sure the trunkgroup looks at the From header for the calling number. By default it looks at the PAI.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

It looks good, pulling my hair out on this one.

Can you describe the complete callflow a bit better?

What G said about the PAI vs From header.

Can the Teams user call an Avaya user on-switch and see the FROM header on their Avaya phone display?

Yes they can. It looks like a provider issue, just trying to figure out how and why???

I think if I’d know the exact callflow I can help. Why do you think it’s a provider issue?

IF you look at the attachment it show the flow, 18.117 is our session manager. Calls are coming from an audiocodes SBC.
I had an engineer from both groups look at it and they think is an issue on the outgoing pri's.

This is a problem with calls initiatted from Teams (which are avaya extensions) that go through a sip trunk to session manager then out cm trunks.

Can you make a trace on the SM? I’d like to see what goes out from SM to CM. And on CM trunk page, what do you use for incoming calls? PAI or From header. By default you use the PAI, but when there is no PAI, CM takes the From header or the Contact header. (depends on CM version and not sure which uses which)

Her is one for you, the problem is only with wireless calls (cells). IF I call a land line from my teams account it shows ID???????
Tried several calls from Teams with differen't carriers and all the same issue.
I have a trace in the above thread.
Thanks

Hi,

I’d be happy to assist you but I need more input. Please read my earlier posts and show a SM trace for a good and bad call. And just a question: did you create adaptations for the entity to CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back