Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual night service button 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevans1974

Technical User
Feb 22, 2011
BS
Hi am trying to setup a Night services button on an IP office.

Let me explain.. In the day the call is answer by a reception at all times no Auto attendant of any kind.
what we want to do is once the operator leave for the evening we want to press a button that will activate the auto attendant and when she return in the morning she press the button to turn it off.

1. create a shortcode for accessing the AA
2. create a user and divert this user to the above sc including group calls
3. create a new group type rotary and add the above user, disable voicemail
4. create a operator group and add the operator
5. set for the operator group the nightservice destination to the above rotary group
6. add a button to enable night mode for the operator group on the operators extension, if the phone is a 14xx,16xx or 96xx then in Manager somewere in the user settings you can enable this user to change the state of a group using the phone's menu

press the button, make a call and enter the AA, press the button again, make a call and you get the operator

1. I created SC *60 to access the AA
2. I created a user 300 and forward it to *60
3. I created a HG 301 with type rotary and add user 300 to the group and disable voicemail.
4. I crated HG 302for the operator and add the operator 201 to the HG
I set the Operator HG 302 to night service destination 301
I add a button on the phone for the operator, However when i press it nothing happen.

Can you please tell me where i went wrong on this setup
Thanks.

You could just put a forward button on the reception, forward the reception to x300 when at night. You'll get a light (depending upon phone style) letting you know forward is on. In the morning, take forward off. Skip the hunt group unless the reception needs to grab calls when in night service.

I think you need to have HG301 as the OOS fallback (under the fallback tab) for HG 302. Then have the button set to put HG 302 OOS, which forces the calls to HG301 which has only user 300 in it, which is permanently forwarded to SC*60 which dials the AA.

GB

You need to tick forward hunt group calls on the forwarding user, if you have try sequential instead :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Hi
When call User 300 the AA answer as it should. However When I call HG 301 call just ring and the AA don't answer.

I user 300 assign to HG 301 and and HG is set to Rotary.

HG 302 which is the operator group works find
When I press the button at the Operators phone to switch HG302 to night services it rings hg301 however hg301 is not answering so it just keep ringing.

any suggestion?

I have only one suggestion.

Get someone who knows how it works.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

@tlpeter- Thanks I would get you. However, we are in the same boat...

Thanks for your suggestion none the less.

Give the User 300 a login code (hotdesker)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

And turn off Queuing on the HG301

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

short code : Auto night
tel# AA: Night
Build a user: 4XX
Forwarding . unconitional to 699
Build hunt group: Auto night: 4xx
Place :4xx or check it in your users list
Then Add that button to your phone,As that short code,,,And it will go...

@tlpeter- Thanks I would get you. However, we are in the same boat...

Thanks for your suggestion none the less.

I am not on the same boat :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Like amriddle01 said, set the fallback/night service/out of service huntgroup to sequential. Everything else sounds right.

Night button disabled:
Call comes in to HG 1 and rings operator ext xxx

Night button enabled:
Call comes in to HG 1 (Collective Call Waiting/or whatever you desire) and then falls back to HG 2 (Sequential), which has phantom ext xxx in its user list. Ext 300 is set to 'unconditional forwarding' and 'forward hunt group calls' pointing to the shortcode you created, which leads to the AA.

Is this correct? If so, sounds like it should work because I have many customers that are set up this same way.

What button do you have programmed on the operator's phone?

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

you need to work your way backwards...

1) can you dial SC and get to the AA you desire?
2) Can you dial phantom user (who is forwarded UC to SC) and get to AA?
3) Can you dial HG containing PU and get to AA?

Sounds like it stops at step 3, so you need to make sure that:
1) HG contains the phantom user
2) HG is set to sequential, queuing off, no VM, overflow mode = group, overflow time = off, OOS and nightservice in fallback tab set to none.

Then you need to create the main HG, set its OOS to be the HG you tested above, and use the button to set the main HG in and out of service, which will force calls to the first one you set up.

GB

strange... i have tested my suggestion and it works as a champ.
you must have programmed it wrong
can be one of many settings disrupting this so use monitor to see what happens which should not happen

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Maybe a simpler solution:

1. Create hunt group "RECEPTION" as x300
2. Put the reception extenion number within the hunt group Reception & enabled.
3. Enable voicemail on the hunt group and set the VM answer time to be 999 so that the VM never answers during the day
4. Create a night service button on the reception extension and when it is enabled all calls to the hunt group should roll directly to voicemail
5. Within VM Pro (assuming you have VM Pro) create a leave action for the reception hunt group x300 that points to the main auto-attendant module.

Works like a charm in our scenarios!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back