Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mallboxs wont mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

havensov

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2006
US
I don't know if this has anything to do with my earlier post but i think this is the real problem

When i click on "mailboxs and stuff" i get

"the action could not be completed because the microsoft exchange information store service in unavailable. Be sure that the service is running and you habe net work connectivity to the microsoft exchange server computer"

Operation: Retrieving mount information
ID No: c1041721
Exchange System Manager

Ok, but all the services are running....

I have no clue what is going on.... I am not a Exchange guy i ahve had little exp. but was thrown into this mess. Any help would be nice...

Allen R.

yup, still where can i find the name of the server becuase its not the name of the computer that Exchange is on?

-Allen R.

Right Click on My Computer - Properties and got to the Computer Name tab. That should give you the full computer name.

that is the name that i am using and i am still getting the same error....... I have used the short version as well as the full name on the network....

-Allen R.

Are you running it on the exchange server ?

Exchange is running on a computer that on the network is called NMS2... is this the server name, or is it something else? This is the name that comes up with the "my computer, right click"....

-Allen R.

Double check by looking at Exchange System Manager - Adminstrative Groups - First Adminsitrative Group - Servers
Is NMS2 listed under servers?

yes....

the cmd that i am entering is

C:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -s nms2 -fix -test alltests

is this right?

-Allen R.

Yes.

I restarted the information store and tried it again and got the same error.

i tried to check check to see if the databases were dismounted but the part of the drop down menu that you do that is grayed out.

-Allen R.

The path for your command line would be C:\program files\exchsvr\etc rather than C:\exchsvr\etc

Use windows explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN on your exchange server.

If you see the ISinteg file in there, then this path is that needs to be reflected in your command line rather than the C:\exchsrvr\bin that you are attempting to use

Yeah, i that sounds like what happened. Told the basses that i will need a bigger drive, but when they will give me the budget to..... anyway....

I did what the artical said, but i still can't get the mailboxes to mount....

-Allen R.

Did you try to move the database files to L: as Zelandakh suggested earlier? Maybe that drive will have enough space to allow the store to mount.

nope, exchsrvr is not in "program files" its just on "C:".

Isinteg is trying to run, but its says it cant get the databases from the server...

-Allen R.

i will try to move them to "L:"....

-Allen R.

ok, L is used as a back up of the other server... so space comes and goes on it....

No i can probable rip enough cash from my bosses hands to get another drive... But if i'm am going to do that, i need to make sure that this will help....

-Allen R.

Bolting another drive onto the server isnt necessarily the complete answer. You ideally need to have a mirrored pair and a RAID 5 set.

If you have free space on your current drives, then I would not imagine that drive space is the #1 issue at present, but certainly it is important enough to devote some serious time and planning to once you have got the emails flowing again

Agree with Paulha that we can't guarantee anything at this point, but it certainly seems to be a need, since you maxed out the C and E drives at some point. I'm hoping that they will approve 1 new drive just to get your mail back online. But as Paulha points out, once you do get it back online, you really need to address the current config. You have to get the log files off of the C drive and you need some kind of fault tolerance. Right now, you are depending on the reliability of that 1 drive for the operating system, Exchange, logs, etc. If it fails, you are rebuilding everything. My next step would be to get the new drive, assign it a drive letter, then try to move the exchange databases to the new drive letter. If that frees up space on E, try moving the logs from C to E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back