Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lync2013 Integration With Avaya CM & Session Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

demanding

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2008
US
I have looked through the posts and Googled this topic and still confused. We have CM 6.0.2 and Session Mngr 6.2...we use Lync for IM'ng but would like to use it for making calls and showing presence - to do this, what do we need? I have been seeing AES, Microsoft Lync Integration Server, etc. but I also found this document that seems TOO easy... shows something as simple as downloading a Lync Integration bar.

Well, it isn't THAT easy - you still need to make sure all your phone numbers in AD are E164 and stuff, but otherwise, yes it is that easy.

As far as I can tell, either you plug in a toolbar that hijacks voice and video from the Lync client or you pay for enterprise voice licenses to get thru the mediation server to let the lync client do it natively. Cisco's got the same thing.

Depends on what you want to achieve, but the client plugin is probably the easiest integration...

I'm doing something very similar right now, but I'm wanting to federate presence between the two systems too. We have a significant number of H323 sets and I don't foresee changing that in the near future.

Any links on the federation part;

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

mattKnight - what have you done so far? We are trying to avoid purchasing any more servers, etc. and find a way to use what we have. We also have H323 sets and no plans to change them out. I'm still looking for the Lync plug-in...

demanding;

What you need is Avaya Client Applications.

As per the installation guide blurb, this is a brief synopsis of what it is:

Lync Integration is intended for a network environment where the Microsoft Lync Server is deployed.
Lync Integration is a client side add-in to the Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013 clients. Lync Integration
can be used to control an H.323 or SIP desk phone or a VDI Communicator client.

So no server required, and works with H.323 and SIP.

Basically you install the application onto each PC and configure the application to connect to the Aura system.

You then enter credentials for users station, define dial patterns etc...

Then you can place calls via Lync, using your deskphone/softphone as the voice path.

You will also see In a Call status for users also using the client etc...

See this document for requirements:

Note that access to software from Avaya may be on a licensed basis. Also full functionality will require certain CM licenses like IP Softphone and IP Video Softphone (depending what you want to do)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back