Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost license key IP office 500v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajanvm

Technical User
Sep 12, 2022
KW
Hi everyone there,

Need a help in finding/restoring the License key for Ip office 500 v2. The dongle/serial number is 1303592385 for the SD card installed.

The system was installed 11+ years back and not remember the company/partner by whom it was installed.

Is there anyway to find the lost KEY? (please let me know , if need further info to help on this)
Thanks

If you don't know/remember both the company/partner name no chances to resume licensing (because you are not allowed to manage licenses which does not "belong" to you as a partner).

in fact the license is installed in our office system. but they did not provide the .xml file. few years later we installed sip trunk files linked to the serial number successfully(but bought from another avaya partner). so thought it can be retrieved by some knowledgeable person here. It seems the sd card have some problem, so want to recreate it. we have a back of the sd card but it not contain the PLDSkeys.xml. If we copy back the config.cfg, will it have the license include, as we dont have the PLDSkeys.xml?

any help will be highly appreciated.

Trying copying config.cfg to your Manager PC and in Manager

File - offline - open file and point to the cfg

You might be able to see the licences in the left hand window if the file hasn't been overwritten.

Let us know what you find.

I could see 4 valid licenses.
2 sip trunk (using for VOIP calls)
2 3rd Party endpoint (which is used to configure as extension number in 2 Managers phone, so that when they are out of country can directly dial to office extensions)

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4dd159e3-ef2e-4241-b07c-043bd127c41d&file=AvayaLicScrnShot.png
@shajanvm you are talking about ADI licenses, so no PLDSKeys.xml file. There is no Essential license, so it's a R6.0 or older. ADI licenses could not be recovered at all, you have to buy new ones as R11.x (check the hw compatibility), I think no way out.

my version is r7. Thanks for the advise

You could try contacting Avaya direct but I'm not sure what they will say.

At one time ADI licences could be recovered if you were upgrading to R11 but I am not sure if this still applies.

just before concluding, I had a back of config from 2011 (after one month of its original installation), in that only 3 valid licenses showing (2 3rd party IP endpoint and 1 SIP trunk) ( the 2nd SIP trunk was added in 2016 or 17). since there is no other licenses showing in that back up too, does it mean that in V7 no other licenses was required , bcoz the system was working till 2 weeks before, until there was a sudden power off in our building. (now too all phones are working, but you cannot access IP office using manager , it give network failed error ) , also in one phone which is configure with administrative rights, showing a code "SG" and status says "System Boot Error" on phone display.

!!! ... did you leave out anything else. Quite a lot to be suddenly saying on what was originally presented as just a license keys enquiry.

- The S on the phone means there's been a serious system alarm. If the user is configured as a system phone user they may be able to clear it from the phone. Otherwise, connect using System Monitor and clear the System Alarms (not the details if necessary). The G just means they are in group.

- The "System Boot Error" is the particular system alarm. System Status or Monitor will hopefully tell you what the issue is or was. Most likely with a old system is it failed to boot from the SD card and so instead booted using a copy of the configuration in its memory.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sorry for detailing that. I thought (while at first posting) if I could find the license file, and set it on sd card/config, rest all problems would be cleared. So did not mention it earlier. (since you mentioned about connecting system monitor, please note that nothing can be logged in)

Hi, did you try to hardcopy the corrupted SD card?
Usually the SD crashed on write but you can recover it doing and hard copy (I did it with linux distro, dd command).
When you obtain an iso file you can rewrite it on another SD card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back