Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhhhkk

MIS
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have some problem login to the system.This is the error message I got.
TTY 04 SCH MTC BUG 9:40
OVL111 IDLE 0

No matter what I typed this message will pop up on the screen.The one place I can login is the console. Any idea? Thanks in advanced.

it doesn't matter what tty port the system gives you once you have logged in as the system tty/pty is allocated on a successfull log in (eg: when a valid user & pass entered the switch will return User X logged in on TTY x as you can have more than one tty.What does matter is the SDI cable you plugged into, hopefully you should have plugged onto PORT 0 unless somebody has changed the standard numbering.
The reason that the other port doesnt work is because its been programmed to support a different application (MAT) i think thi was a early version of OTM. check the tty programming by:

LD 22
REQ: prt
TYPE: ADAN

enter through & should prt all of the systems ADANS (inc ttys)

Please post your findings

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

TTY 4 : ENBL DES: MAT"

This is just a lable, it doesn't effect what it is used for or what it can do.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"TTY 04 SCH MTC BUG 9:40"

it is indicated above that this TTY is programmed for SCH MTC and BUG.

you could try in LD 37 to

REQ DIS TTY 4

Than

REQ ENL TTY 4

and the see if you can login on TTY 4.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Here is prt in LD 22
ADAN TTY 4
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 4
DES MAT
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR NO
ADAN TTY 5
CTYP QSDI

PAGE 001

DNUM 5
DES LOCALTTY
FLOW YES
BCST NO
USER MTC SCH
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES

I see at least 3 people advicing you to take an ini of the pbx. Have you done this?

Aceawarelock has explained how to do this in one of his posts. I can't see you have replied doing this...

I2007

That will be my next step. Ini of the pbx will take the whole phone system down and reset all the setting?

your ctyp is Qsdi mine is different? is this definately an opt 11? where is your tty cable plugged into?

ADAN TTY 0
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 0
DES
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 1
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 1
DES
BPS 2400
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 2
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 2
DES
BPS 1200
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

I would not INI the switch unless you are experienced with the switch. It does not sound like you are familiar with the switch and you may be causing yourself bigger problems by INIing. If it does need to be fixed I would contact an experienced company to assist in fixing the TTY and let them INI the switch. Just my two cents.

hhhhkk:

LD 22
ISS

If you have VERSION 2121 or 2111, then you have an Option 11C (or equiv). Since you've never told us what release you're at, we'd be guessing at trying to describe your physical architecture.

An INI is not going to "reset all settings" and it won't even take calls down. What an INI will do is prevent new calls from being initiated (inbound or outbound) for the duration of the initialization. Depending on your system it could take anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. (those are averages, I've seen systems load faster and slower than that.)

Before you do an INI, make sure you've done an EDD recently in LD 43. You don't want to lose any recent programming changes. Also, be prepared to listen to people tell you that they couldn't pick up their phone to make calls, take calls and/or people from outside of the company complained of getting a busy signal during the INI.

If you've been living with the problem this long, I suggest you perform the INI out of business hours after performing an EDD. This way the user impact should hopefully be minimal.

The more questions we ask the more it doesn't sound like an Option 11.

Does the system hang on a wall or does sit on the floor?

----------------------------------------------------------

Has TTY 4 worked before or is this the first time your trying to use it?

Here is ld22.TTY 04 worked before and just suddenly stopped working last week.

REQ iss

VERSION 2921
RELEASE 4
ISSUE 50 W +

Version 2921 is a Succession CP4 61C. Since you are a 61C, you have two cores. You could INI the inactive side and have no impact on the PBX, but this would likely have no effect on your problem either.

From the NTP NN43021-700_01.01_LgSysM.pdf (this is for 5.0, but is relevant for 4.5 also)

Initialize Program
The Initialize Program momentarily interrupts call processing as it clears
common equipment faults. It then rebuilds call-dependent data and
generates system messages, with the mnemonic INI, that indicate the status
of the system. This process is called an initialization.
Through an initialization, firmware can be downloaded from the CPU to
superloop network cards and controller cards. Call processing is interrupted
for an additional amount of time during this process.
An initialization can be activated by pressing the manual initialize (Man
Int) button on the following:
• NT6D66, NT9D19, NT5D10, or NT5D03 Call Processor Card
An initialization always occurs automatically after the System Loader
program runs. An initialization often occurs when a software or firmware
fault is detected and when a common equipment hardware fault is detected.

You're looking for the MAN INT or INIT button. The other button, RESET or RST is the "hard reset," "cold boot," or "sysload" button and you want to avoid that one.

From LD 135, if you're not familiar with the faceplate displays for your CPU cards, you can use stat cpu to determine which CPU is active. Once you know which is active, you'll have to know which is core 0 and which is core 1.

Whichever is active, press the button labelled either MAN INT (or less likely INIT).

The documentation says that the INI can take up to 15 minutes.

Be sure to advise your maintenance vendor, if any, that you are performing an INI so that they do not attempt to troubleshoot the problem remotely (or dispatch a tech).

For good measure, you might want to also press the MAN INT (or INIT) button on the in-active core while you're at it.

Note: 5.0 has these commands included in LD 135 under ini active, ini inactive and ini both. (Nice new feature to make soft resets more user friendly and less dependent upon hardware knowledge.)

I noticed several difference between TTY 04 and TTY 05.FLOW and BANR in TTY 04 is NO. How do I change that? I would like to try this before MAN INT. Thank you so much for all the help.

ADAN TTY 4
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 4
DES MAT
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR NO
ADAN TTY 5
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 5
DES LOCALTTY
FLOW YES
BCST NO
USER MTC SCH
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES

BANR (YES) NO Optional Security Banner option

> ld 17
REQ: chg
TYPE adan
ADAN chg tty X
. hit enter until you reach the FLOW prompt
FLOW <type NO, or YES, then enter>
. hit enter until you reach the BANR prompt
BANR <type NO, or YES, then enter>
. hit enter until you reach the REQ prompt

It will tell you that the ADAN was saved when you exit it. When you return to the ADAN prompt, you can type CHG TTY X again to change the other TTY.

It may give you an error when you are trying to change an active TTY interface, and you will have to go to LD 37 and DIS TTY X before being able to change it.

Once you are done, to re-enable you go to LD 37 and ENL TTY X.

I changed parameter and it didn't help. But this time the message change to

TTY 04 SCH MTC BUG 11:30
OVL111 BKGD 44

Thats just telling you that LD 44 is running, before it said IDLE. these are just INFO and not ERROR messages and has nothing to do with your problem.

I guess I have to try MAN INI after business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back