Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log on IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyphone

Programmer
Jun 14, 2005
FR

Hi,

I have problem in the log on ip phones. The users can see the missed calls, outgoing etc....

But when they want to call back an entry, the phone insert a "9" at the beginning of the number.

Does anyone know how can i delete this insert digit.

Thank you

I just have a question before answering yours, when usually dialing numers, do you start with "9" or not?

Thanks

Do you have 46xx IP Hardphones?
If yes then i suspect the phones have Definity software loaded, try to upgrade to IPO software.
If not then read the 4600 LAN Administrator guide, you can find it in the Avaya support area.
There is a parameter in the startup file for the extensions wich enables or disables to add a "9" for external line access when pressing redial or calling from the phonebook, by default for definity it is enabled.

In the 46xxsettings.txt file you will need to change the "SET PHNOL" setting if you dont have to dial a number for an outside line or if you use a different number.

## Outside line access code
## The number you press to make an outside call.
## example:
## SET PHNOL 9

How do we plug in the 9 automatically on 5400 series phones? Also how do we do the same in Phone Manager Lite/Pro?

Isaac Braca
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.
Email: braca@iccsllc.com

ICCS, Your Premier IT Partner, is a NYC Based Avaya Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back