Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria 300 Voice mail and Auto Attendant configuration 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeBurlet

Technical User
Oct 19, 2015
AU
I've tried following post 1701778 but either our PGM numbers are quite different (i.e PGM 228 in your post does not get us to the menu item for CCR) or we have some other issue.

We did have incoming voice mail msg and recording working, as setup by the sales technician several years ago (2007 ...) but last month it stopped working and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set it up.

I am actually wondering if the attendant phone (at reception desk) is not an 'attendant' any more .

We have an ARIA ip 24 and LG LDP-7016D handsets. We are in Sydney.

the people we got from are no longer in business and no one else seems to deal with this 'older system'.

thanks
Luke, (Ryde area, Sydney)

hi Ryan

I have followed the steps verbatim (and went over 3x) - but I seemed to have completely messed up now; when I call the office number the VMIB kicks in right away on 1st ring and the greeting plays, then a pause then a canned message 'The time has expired' (in a computer woman accent) then our greeting plays again ... then the call rings thru to to station 10 and I can pickup the call

What we want: let the phone ring and is the receptionist if physically there she picks up as a real person (so not going to any msg at all). If she is not there and the phone rings after 5 rings then auto answer with our msg to tell caller to leave a msg. Caller leaves a msg and then the system hangs up.

We have 2 lines, so if receptionist is on Line 1 and line 2 calls then same procedure as above .

I tried to undo/turn off some of the steps you noted, like the :

Establish a hunt group in PGM 190
Pick a group number (620 is usually the first in the list)
Choose the ring type (Flex 1) as Type 4 - RING GROUP.
Turn Pickup on in Flex 2.
< -- I turned this OFF and then SAVE but seems to have had no affect​

So I cannot even turn Off the auto attendant.

I guess we need to skype. Either Monday AM, or I can do it on Sat or Sun night. If needed I can go to Jaycar and get a cable ...

For now I would try deleting the overflow in the hunt group so the phones ring for now - we can do a Skype call in the evening on Saturday if you like.

The overflow settings are in PGM 191 for the hunt group. Try setting the Overflow timer to 180 for now.
If the menu is kicking in straight away - check PGM 140 > Flex 2 Sub ATT > Flex 1 DY > Flex 1 SVC - set service to OFF, Hold/Save, then press Trans/PGM, 140 again > Flex 2 Sub ATT > Flex 1 DY > Flex 2 VMIB > Press delete softkey under screen (I think Speed does this too)
Also check your ring assignment in PGM 144 is set to Hunt Group 620, or whatever the group was that you created.

This should stop the menu kicking in for now -
Remember to press Hold/Save after every change you make to ensure it saves.

Good luck!

The version of LDK ADMIN should match the software installed on the LDK system. As yours is Software 3.7, you should use » LDK PC Admin (3.7Ch) + Traducción [10.426 KB] from the Software IPLDK section

Talk on Skype soon

ok, thanks I did all that and is back to normal , i.e. just ringing now and no VMIB kicking in ...

I may have to get back to this on Tues if that is ok, I have an urgent 'paying' work job that landed 1 hr ago, better do it to pay the bills !

Not a problem. I'll be around on Tuesday to talk to if you need me. Just make a post here in the thread and it will email me to log in and read.

Talk soon

OK. You got a bit on the right track.
From the pictures I can see that you have a COM port (serial port).
If you have COM port (serial port) on your computer you may use also (so you can save the cost of a LAN card).
I vill get back with details on the serial cable.

The LDK ADMIN program you can download from:

what software version do I need from :

Is the LDK PC ADMIN version 3.7 Ch - it is there!

Since this is a volunteer site we do not exchange payment for the services you get here.
You may donate an amount to charity instead - I guess it is more needed there.

///doktor

The serial cable is discussed here:

thread1613-1736216

I noticed that you only use analogue CO lines.
You may use IVR / CCR menues with analogue lines, but you can return with questions on "how to" when you are ready.

///doktor

I tried to find a serial cable on wkend and today but no luck - and the thread at thread1613-1736216 looked troublesome with baud rates etc etc (been there/done that too mnany years agon, no thanks!) . I have ordered a LANU card fro $90, should be here tmrow. I have downloaded and installed the software ... I do not see where on that I set the IP address of LANU card? so how do I set the IP address of the new LANU card, when it comes, to be on our network ? we are 192.168.1.xx / 255.255.255.0 and have DHCP enabled , so I am hoping the LANU will broadcast for an auto-IP address ?

Dok - are you able to send me screen shots of what a 2 line CO system should be setup like for our situation ? Again, when phone rings and we are here we want to pick up the line and manually answer . IF we are not here then go to VMIB and caller hears our greetting and they can leave a msg for us to playback

good idea on the charity donation. We support Australian Flying Doctor Service and PCYC.

tx

The system will never EVER work under DHCP, you must assign it an IP address in PGM 108.

PGM 108 - Flex 1 : Enter 192 168 001 250 (Give it an address far down the pool so there is minimal risk of it conflicting) Hold/Save
Flex 3 - Gateway. Should be default of 192.168.1.1 . Enter the address of the router it connects to. Change if needed. Hold/Save

PGM 450 - Initilization - Flex 15 - System Reset. The system needs to be reset in order for the new IP address to take effect.

Here is how to get PC ADMIN to talk to the system. Username for PC ADMIN is administrator and the password is 0000
lan_aoqqw5.png

My system that I use is set to ring at first on Hunt Group 760, then go to 761, and then if there is no response, to go to a Hunt Group Mailbox. This is only something that can be done in Software 3.9 (Group Mailboxes)

I'll attach the setup anyway incase it is useful to you
setup_cpccys.png

Hope this helps some

OK. Nice that you go for the LAN unit. Pls remember to switch off your ipLDK (Aria) system, when you install the LANU.
Otherwiae it will blow.
I guess from what I could see - that you have two analogue lines in to your PBX system.
The follow the programming written by Ryan (Angel).
Or let me know when you have received the LANU - then we can login through the TeamViewer.

///doktor

hi Dok and Ryan,

Got the LANU card installed and software running ok.

Ryan : I went back to your intrx of 29 Oct 15 22:49 ... but I get the same problem; when the phone rings the VMIB kicks in before we can manually pickup . Here are all the steps in order of your instx :

Establish a hunt group in PGM 190
aria_01_dy38ev.jpg

Establish attributes for the group, Go to PGM 191 ...
aria_02_m3pfee.jpg

Go to PGM 144 - CO Ring Assignment
aria_03_bi2qxz.jpg

Go back to PGM 228 - Customer Call Routing
aria_04_ltzr8p.jpg

But I get the same problem, the VMIB kicks in (get our recorded msg) before we even hear the 1st ring and then can not can manually pick up the line to answer. So I did your instx of 30 Oct 15 04:11 (via the hand set) to turn it all off again.

So then I tried to make like your screen shots of your system (slighlty different to the instrx you suggested ) ; I get same problem so I turned it all off again ...

So from my screen shots of my setup per Ryan I have missed something ??

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you
It seems you are using an older software, so Group Mailbox is not available to you.

Inbound Call route looks OK
Try this:

Check you have DISA switched off properly
disa_off_c5icul.png

Set your overflow destination to a VMIB and set the Overflow timer according to how long you want the phones to ring for in a number of seconds (image is 35 seconds)
hunt_atr_fl4wxp.png

In the CCR table, set your destinations to STA Voice Mail and enter the station number
ccr_lue9xa.png

This should route your caller to a menu after x seconds of ringing (how ever long you set on the Overflow timer). If you choose STA Voice Mail, the caller when they dial a digit in the menu will be routed directly to the respective station's Voice Mail Box.

In this image above: If you hit the menu, and dialed the number 2, you would be routed to Station 212's mailbox to leave a message.
This will require you to have your message (VMIB 01) to say "Please choose a station to leave a message at" or something like that.

If this is NOT what you need to do, then you will need to upgrade to Software 3.9 to make use of the Hunt Group Mailbox, which will allow you to have a message left that anyone in the group can retrieve.

I'm not working tomorrow, so if you need, I can instruct you by Skype if needed on how to do this if you require clarification

super, thanks Ryan. I am going to do this after business hours so after ~16.30 today in case I mess it up; I will have staff getting client calls from now until then.

The screen shots above seem to be what we will want, after X rings go to VMIB on station 10. Just to confirm - to set the VMIB on station 10; is that the intrx from you in this thread on 29 Oct 15 05:40 ? via the handset and via programming mode?

I seemed to have messed up VMIB msg 01; it has my test msg and then somehow added to the back of that is the ARIA system computer voice 'Dialing too late'. So that entire msg is what was getting played when the system was picking up too soon on my last post.

hi Ryan

I tried all that - exact same problem as before - the system picks up before we can lift handset, plays the recorded msg (VMIB 004 that I recorded on the station 10 handset), rings ~7 times and then disconnects the caller.

just looking again at your last screen shot for PFM 228 - I am a bit confused with the 'Index =10' and the list of STA Voice Mail and VMIB - does that index do all that, leave msgs at all those stations as well as a group VMIB?

Here are the screen shots, same order as yours - for the last 2, I don't have STA VoiceMail, so I tried both 'VMIB' and 'STATION', no difference.

9-11-2015_5-28-38_PM_q0zy3m.jpg

9-11-2015_5-32-48_PM_yxocbt.jpg

9-11-2015_6-17-01_PM_m5jshl.jpg

9-11-2015_6-16-38_PM_nmkwd0.jpg

I've turned of PGM 190 so that we can do a simple pickup.

With PGM 228, if you assign a VMIB as a destination, you will end up going in a loop.
To me, it seems if you do not have STA Voice Mail as an option, your software does not support that function.

You may wish to consider upgrading your software.
Version 3.9 software will allow you to use a Hunt Group Mailbox.
I have this set up on my system already.
hunt_tit2ze.png

If you go back to the link earlier in this post that you got the LDK PCADMIN software from, you can also find the newer firmwares for your system. You will need the one that says " FIRMWARE IPLDK-20/LDK-20 COMPACT
» Firmware ipLDK-20/LDK-20 Compact Empresa (3.9Ec) [2.364 KB]"

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE IF YOU ARE UPGRADING!! ENSURE YOU DO NOT TURN OFF THE SYSTEM DURING UPGRADE OR YOU WILL RUIN YOUR SYSTEM!

The section for upgrading software can be found in the LDK Utility menu > LDK Upgrade .
You will be upgrading over a TCP connection
Also, you will need to press this button in the system programming to ensure the upgrade is completed properly. Do this when the software finishes upgrading
init_nyzkf6.png

After upgrading, you can then set the overflow destination to Hunt Group Mailbox.
Once done, go to any station in Group 620 and dial PGM 6 8, then 620. Record a voicemail greeting. Press Hold/Save or hang up
To assign a Flex key for collecting the VM, Dial TRANS/PGM and choose a blank flex key. Enter PGM 88 620 and then Hold/Save.
The button will flash quickly when messages are left, and will be extinguished when there are no messages to collect.
You can assign a button for every station that belongs to Group 620. If you attempt to assign or record the message from a station that does not belong to the group, you will get an INVALID tone and message displayed to you.

thanks Ryan

ok I can update - as I noted in opening post the system was working ok and for some reason (power outage?) it dropped the VMIB setup . So the tech 7 years ago must have set it up with the current firmware ?

But I will do upgrade - firstly , how do I do a backup? I do not see it on the LDK PCADMIN menu ? the LDK Utility DBUpload/Download just says 'Can't share the connection task with the DB up/down program'

PS: and when I go to upgrade I get this:

11-11-2015_8-17-48_AM_qlh1dh.jpg

we have an ARIA 24-ip, so which of above do I choose ?

Hit LDK Utility. Then click Upload/Download. Click LDK 20. Then Download and TCP if you are using LAN card, or serial if not. Serial takes about 15 minutes. then hit select.

Put in PABX IP address, password (if you have one) and file location. then next, then start.
If on serial enter com port you are using, baud rate 19200, password, and file location.

Do next start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back