Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria 300 Voice mail and Auto Attendant configuration 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeBurlet

Technical User
Oct 19, 2015
AU
I've tried following post 1701778 but either our PGM numbers are quite different (i.e PGM 228 in your post does not get us to the menu item for CCR) or we have some other issue.

We did have incoming voice mail msg and recording working, as setup by the sales technician several years ago (2007 ...) but last month it stopped working and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set it up.

I am actually wondering if the attendant phone (at reception desk) is not an 'attendant' any more .

We have an ARIA ip 24 and LG LDP-7016D handsets. We are in Sydney.

the people we got from are no longer in business and no one else seems to deal with this 'older system'.

thanks
Luke, (Ryde area, Sydney)

Ok, I did that firmware update (I did a backup first, thanks Thermus) - it seemed successful; see the MESSASAGE section in screen shot below. And I saw the Station 10 handset restart itself and is working.

But there is no button Int Vver 3.9 on PFM450 ? And on PFM228 there is still no option for STA Voice Mail ?

12-11-2015_9-07-47_AM_gz0syf.jpg

duh, sorry, I see that I have to download v3.9 software as well, as I have software 3.7 now (as I had firmware 3.7 before ...).

Will try that and report back !

ok, I did the software update and initialised to v3.9, now I have the same screens as Ryan.

I did the set-up as close as I can to Ryan; still not working - when an outside call comes in the system plays the msg I recorded 'Welcome, not available, leave a msg' ...

Below are the screen shots of the set-up: this mimics Ryan screen shots.

Some info that I may not have made clear:
- we have 7 handsets stations #10 through #17 ; #10 is the receptionist/Attendant station​
- we have 2 outside lines. When a call comes in then Flex 1 lights on Station #10. At same time Flex 3 on other stations lights up. Any one of us can pickup the call, which is what we want. If a 2nd call comes in at same time then Flex2 on Station #10 lights up (Flex 4 on other stations )​
- when an outside call rings we want to be able to have any hand set to be able to pick-up the call, not just #10​
- when an outside call rings and no one picks up we want to go to 'leave a msg'. This needs to go to handset #10. I have that msg recorded on station #10 in VMIB 004

12-11-2015_9-53-09_AM_uve57i.jpg

PS: as I noted in one of my more recent post I am confused about Station #10 and 'overflow destination 10' and 'index 10' on the forms ... would it be better for me to renumber the handsets ? if So how, and will it mess up stuff?

i.e. rename Station #10 to #210 etc ?

Hi Luke

Use group mailbox for your overflow destination As 2311angel suggested back on 9 Nov 15 16:46.

Set up instructions are on the bottom of that post.
Untick member forward on the group attributes also. This will stop your main phone ringing if it has a call forward set.

Also check you ring assignment for lines 1&2. Make sure your calls are going to the group and not the VMIB.

ok, I did that / double checked. Now the phone just rings, does not go to msg after X secs as setup , see below.

I set up the Overflow destination per Ryan on 9 Nov 15 16:46 and turned off the Member Forward:

12-11-2015_1-04-31_PM_x2rktz.jpg

I checked the Ring Assignment, seems ok :
12-11-2015_1-05-54_PM_ccpsjg.jpg

Checked Station Group:
12-11-2015_1-06-41_PM_ku0zms.jpg

and CCR - (as I mentioned this if the most confusing part, I really don't understand it, confusing with this Index vs Station thing!)
12-11-2015_1-16-03_PM_iqks5d.jpg

then per Ryan post of 9 Nov 15 16:46 I did this :
Once done, go to any station in Group 620 and dial PGM 6 8, then 620. Record a voicemail greeting. Press Hold/Save or hang up

the phone just rings, does not go to msg after X secs as setup.

I am confused about Station #10 and 'overflow destination 10' and 'index 10' on the forms ... would it be better for me to renumber the handsets ? if So how, and will it mess up stuff? i.e. rename Station #10 to #210 etc like Ryan seems to have?

Hi Luke

You don't use PGM 228 when you use group mailbox.

What happens when you dial 620? It should ring and give you the voicemail greeting.

Also check the greeting is actually recorded by dialing Trans/pgm 68 620 and waiting. The recorded greeting should play after the system prompts you to record your greeting.

Make sure you set the group mailbox button on extn 10.

ok I turned off PGM 228 all set to Not Assigned

when I dial 620 only Station #10 rings. No vm greeting

so I went to PGM 6 8 620 and I get 'if you want to leave a msg press hash key' in the ARAI computer lady voice (not any of our people). The screen says REC HUNT GREETING, so I say our msg and press Hold/Save and hangup. I repeat that, PGM 6 8 620 , to listen to the voice and the msg is not there, just the same as before, the ARIA computer lady voice. I am waiting a bit first ... then after a while it says 'dailing too late'.

duh, no sorry (I am very new to this darn thing, so assume I do not know the obvious!).

I did that again, is NOW recorded and I can hear it when I press PGM 6 8 620 . I set the Flex 8 on Station 10 to get the messages

If I go to another station and dial 620 I can hear station #10 ring and leave a msg.

When I dial the office from my mobile to line 1 it now goes to msg after 12 secs (per above PFM190 screen shot) then I get the message ; I can leave a voice msg like a caller and I can retrieve.

So good so far !

But ... as I noted above, when a call comes the system still only allows the call to be picked up by Station 10, all other handsets the light is red (can not pickup). I want, if the receptionist is not at her desk, is either:

-for the other stations to be able to manually pick up the line to answer. (this is way it worked before before the system somehow got reset) but the handsets don't actually ring when the call comes in. So all stations can flash yellow on Line 1 or 2 so we can see it but not hear the ring on our station. (very small office we can hear the Station 10 at reception ring and can hear that way). I tried this by adding stations to Hunt 620 they all ring, not what we want but living with it for now.

- or is that is too much hassle then after X rings/secs the other stations will ring and one of us can pickup. And after Y more rings/secs then go to the voice message and allow caller to leave a msg​

With my system, I have it ring a few stations first, before overflowing to more stations in different areas of my house (I use the system in my house!) I have it go in one group first, then overflow to another, then overflow to voicemail.

If you want to have just station 10 ring for a while, make it the only member of the group 620. Set overflow destination to Hunt 621. Set overflow timer for 15 seconds

Establish hunt group 621, with other stations you want to ring after the attendant has not answered.
Set both hunt groups to RING group, and set the "Pickup" to ON. This will let other stations press the PICKUP button or dial ** to answer the call.

Set the overflow destination in group 621 to Group Mailbox. Set the overflow timer for 10 seconds
Record the voicemail greeting for Group Mailbox 621 (Trans/Pgm 68 621).

Note: (You don't have to have your group name on the system say Day Ring B! That's just my setup to make it a little easier for me to read when I am looking at the groups when I am tired!)

Luke

Make a pick up group in PGM 190 and add all the phones in you office to it.

You can then add a group pick up button the the other phones by, Trans/PGM, flex button, Call pick up code, Hold/save.
Call pick up code can be found in PGM 107 button 2.
They can then pick up the call by pressing this button.
I'm not sure if this allows you to press the CO button to pick up the call

Ryan/2311angel

FINALLY - that all works fine and is probably now slightly better than previous setup ; after X secs on hunt 620 with the overflow to 621 that will alert us the receptionist is away from desk / on another line and we will be alerted faster.

What a slog, thanks for much for the patience with me! No problem on the 'Day Ring B' was just trying to show you I was following your msg as close as possible.

Another question (please advise if you think this should go to another thread, I reckon here as is related?) : our hold music is real junky, is some default ARIA system jingle that every caller remarks how bad it is ! Just want some recorded music instead, not live radio or anything. I see in the LDK PCAdmin there is music at PGM 171. I have changed the MOH Type from 'INT MUSIC' to 'HOLD TONE' which is far better. But could be better - any quick way to assign music instead? I assume I choose VMIB BGM 1 but I don't know what to do after that, I assume set something on Station #10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back