Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop wont start - please help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinob

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2003
IE
Hi,

I am trying to boot my laptop and its getting an error
c0000221 unknown hard error
\systemroot\systemutdll.dll

restart and set the recovery option.

I tried booting up with a boot floppy but same problem.

I need files off the laptop so it would be great if you could provide assistance.

The problem may be linked to no space on harddrive as I know I was running short of space ?

Regs Kevin

Best Regs Kevin

I can't find anything on the file systemutdll.dll. Are you sure this is the right spelling? Anyways, a couple of microsoft documents indicate this file is corrupt, and to replace it. However, it could also be a virus laden file, being it can't be found anywhere by google.

The other solution is to rerun the Windows setup. However, I highly recommend you pull out the drive, hook it up to another computer, and copy the files you need off of it first, or pay someone to do so. You never know if you might overwrite something, or have a hard drive failure. If the files are important, it should be worth the hour of labor by a computer guy.

Matt J.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that I have taken your advice and got the a freind to hook up the disk to a pc. She has hooked it up as a master on the secondary but is having problems seeing the disk at the moment.

Best Regards, Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back