Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J100 Phones on Remote Location

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hello ...

A strange problem I face when operating J100 phones in remote locations using VPN, and VLAN, is that sometimes when a call comes into the phone, the phone stuck rings and hangs and does not disconnect until it is restarted, When this situation occurs, I see the phone on SSA is unregistered.
this case also occurred with 1600 series phones but less than the J100 series.
attach is trace from the monitor when this happened,

Attachments

• SIP config.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Solution
Hi ...

When tracking the traffic on the firewall, we found that when this case happened, it reflected an invalid connection helper on port 5060.

make this port loaded ( previously unloaded), and it works well with no hanging or problems.

Thanks
Hi William,

It might be a silly question but are you using the most recent firmware? There's a chance this was fixed in it if you haven't updated recently.

From experience this is usually tied to the VPN or firewall. I feel for you these issues are hard to troubleshoot normally. If your not the network/it guy you may want to bring him in. Certain VPNs standards are less voip friendly.

Hi @braaten007: Yes, I Updated to the latest
Hi @dbb1234: Yes, I know that very well, and that is why I sought the help of you here, the best experts after I exhausted all solutions with IT guys.

I mean give the networking info and can be more helpful? Networking brands? vpn protocol? An idea of the setup. Vlan info. The list goes on but need a place to start

Hi ...

When tracking the traffic on the firewall, we found that when this case happened, it reflected an invalid connection helper on port 5060.

make this port loaded ( previously unloaded), and it works well with no hanging or problems.

Thanks

Solution

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back