Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace remote worker failover from ipo primary to secondary 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCMen33260

Technical User
Feb 17, 2020
FR
Hi team,

I'm a new member on TEK-TIPS looking to share my skills, to help members and to be helped too :)

I deployed a primary and a secondary IPO and an SBCE for remote workers.
When the primary IPO fails, IX Workplace is unable to register on IPO secondary.
Someone has tested this and have a solution?
Thank you

Best regards

Hi UCMen33260,
I am going through the exact same pain as you did. same topology. IPO R11 FP4 SP2. SBCE 8.1. latest patch applied. Equinox 3.8.
Did you get it working 100% or you still have to do some manual changes on SBC.
In my case IX fails over to secondary, presence is there but my phones are not stable. They go offline for no reason
I can see on traceSBC IX is constanty trying to register to primary

Any tips?

Hi Igman1969,

Yes, I get it working 100%.
You need just to configure SBCE for the primary IPO like a standalone IPO used for remote worker.
Then, you do the same config for the second IPO.
You need to create again everything on SBCE:
- Another private and public IP
- Another, signaling/media interface
- Another, SIP Server (with TLS/5061 mondatory), routing profile, Server and subscribtion flow
- You need also another public FQDN for the second IPO ! that FQDN point to the second public IP address.

I can see on traceSBC IX is constanty trying to register to primary: Try to read the IX workplace logs, you will see that IX try to register on the secondary.

Hi UCMen33260,
I programmed SBCE same way you explained with double IP address on public and private side. All is TLS
fail-over happening in my case as well but once failed over I am experiencing some strange behaviour with IX workplace windows and android.
I can make call or two and than as if phone goes to sleep. I can't make any calls and need to either let it sit for few min or restart
When I register IX workplace directly to secondary IP Office works perfect
Are above screen shots for your sbce final or you made some more modification
Regards

Great post @UCMen33260! I'm trying to get this setup working at the moment. Any chance you managed to get those final screenshots together?

Just want to add
When IP Office primary is down, IX workplace registers to secondary. All looks normal but If you initiate call from IX client on traceSBC you can see that IX client is still sending the invite to
Primary IP address. I observe Invite received at SBCE, SBCE does not send anything back to IX client

Hi Guys,

@UCMen33260 did you manage to make the screenshots. ALso in your design have you just one pair of HA ASBCE?

I have a design with two sets of HA pairs in different Data Centres with Primary IPO in DC1 and Secondary IPO in DC2,
and failover is not occurring for remote workers j series or IX.

I have internally a 9608 connected to the LAN so not traversing SBC this failover works perfectly

So its something within either the SBC design or MY config.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Damo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back