Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

issue with unanswered calls going to next DN on set instead of voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

socket2me

Technical User
Oct 8, 2014
CA
Hello to everyone,

This is my first post on tek-tips. I have been browsing the forums moderately often for work issues since getting this new job where we have to take care of the PBX, among other things.

So I dont really know how to formulate my question but I will try my best :

We have a phone shared between 3 persons. They are on keys 3 4 and 5 of a Nortel 3904. Actually we made "virtual (type 500)" phones, and put those DN's on said keys on the 3904.

We have LHK and LPK set to 5.

When the DN on key 03 is called, and the line is busy, instead of going to voicemail it goes to the next extension (key 04).

I'm sure there is a way to make it so that when the line is busy the call gets routed to voicemail instead of going to the next DN ?

Being new to this system and not knowing all of the vocabulary yet it's kinda hard to search for solutions !

Thanks in advance for your time

Hi,

On the 500 sets you'll need to ensure the DN has the option MARP set to YES.

On the 500 sets program CLS HTA CFNA and also set HUNT xxxx and FNA xxxx where xxxx is your voicemail DN (what you dial to check voicemail).

The reason for this is that you technically have two phone sets with the same extension for each of those 3 users. When two phone share an extension, hunting and cfna are followed only for the set with MARP set to yes. Only one set can be the MARP for each extension.

Hey thanks that did the trick ! I didnt have to add CFNA though. HTA ws actually set as HTD so I switched that and now it works.

Good day to you kind sir [thumbsup2]

Right cls should be FNA not cfna sorry. Also fdn xxxxx rather than fna xxxxx. That is what happens at the end of the day :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back