Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN main billing number and call forwarding - WTF?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
Hi All

We have a G450 running CM5.2.1 at a site which recently gone live and when I ring the main billing number for the ISDN at site I get automatically redirected to a mobile number?! (This is not expected behaviour :))

When running a trace I get the following which clearly show the call-forward in place, but to my knowledge this has never been setup anywhere within CM:

12:22:21 Calling party trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 Calling Number & Name 1912815621 NO-CPName
12:22:21 active trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 call-forwarding
12:22:21 term station 7928 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 dial 907540920232 route:ARS

I can resolve this easily by putting a catch-all entry in the incoming trunk handling table so that call via the main billing number to go a helpdesk as follows:

12:25:33 Calling party trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b4
12:25:33 Calling Number & Name 1912815621 NO-CPName
12:25:33 active trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b4
12:25:33 dial 31732
12:25:33 ring hunt-group 45 cid 0x1b4

So, I have a resolution in place but really need to know why the call-forward activates when the catch-all is removed - it's driving me mad!?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Steve - Network Coordinating in the UK

Take a look at page 3 of "display station 7928" and see if call forwarding is enabled. Also take a look at page 2 of "status station 7928

Hi

Station 7928 is a virtual type extension that points to a cover path, then heads off to the mobile number via an entry in a coverage remote table.
This is expected behaviour if a user were to dial 7928 (it would call the mobile) and we have all our 1500+ mobiles set up as speed dials in the phone directory in this way.

What I don't get is how does dialling the main billing number ever get to virtual extension 7928, as it is not setup in this way anywhere that I can see?
Since the extension is virtual it doesn't have the same config screens as a normal handset and hence no call forward capability.

I've looked at dial-plans, roure patterns, everything.. but cannot see where it would select 7928 - at present there aren't even any phones registered to this gateway!

Cheers

Check your incoming call handling treatments for that trunk group. "display inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group 60" If nothing is in there do a "list trace tac xx" where xx is the tac of your trunk group. Is the main number you are calling in on a toll free number by any chance? Maybe 7928 is the DNIS?

It's completely blank at present, apart from when I add the catch-all into that trunk group which then resolves the issue.
The 1st trace in my post is a list trace tac for this trunk.
The main number is from a newly provisioned ISDN circuit into this site so will/should not have been used anywhere previously - certainly not by us anyway!
7928 is just a virtual extension, not DNIS unless you know of a way to check otherwise?

Cheers

DNIS is the number that the phone company sends to the PBX to tell it where to route it.

Call your carrier, ask them what DNIS they are sending over the ISDN when this main number is called, I bet they are going to say 7928 and that's why the PBX is sending the call to 7928.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Thanks - I'll chase this with the phone company - would love to prove them wrong after being told it was my fault!
Will let you know the outcome :)

Cheers

Even if you think they are wrong, the telco will never admit it! Source: former telco employee :)

Jeez don't I know it - had more than a few run-ins with them in the past!

Cheers

ISDN Suppliers response:

"I tried contacting provisioning for you. They advised that Daisy only provide you with the exchange features and this looks like a PBX system feature. Kindly contact your PBX suppler and check if they provide you with DNIS feature. The only feature we supply on this ISDN is Caller Line Id Presentation"

Given that I configured the gateway myself, I'll pass on contacting our Avaya support company as I know it's not an issue on the Avaya side - that I can think of anyway...

Cheers

can you run an MST trace?

or borrow a TREND ISDN tester?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

When you display the trunk group that this call ins routing to, what is the incoming destination field set to on page 1?

I'd also perform the TAC Trace that crash29 recommended.

Also, have you tried just isolating the incoming trunk translation to just redirecting calls from 7928 to the proper destination and see if it works? This would help prove out that this is what the phone company is sending your system.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

I can't see an incoming destination field on this trunk?

display trunk-group 60 Page 1 of 21
TRUNK GROUP

Group Number: 60 Group Type: isdn CDR Reports: r
Group Name: Nott_Nut COR: 1 TN: 6 TAC: #960
Direction: two-way Outgoing Display? n Carrier Medium: PRI/BRI
Dial Access? y Busy Threshold: 255 Night Service:
Queue Length: 0
Service Type: public-ntwrk Auth Code? n TestCall ITC: rest
Far End Test Line No:
TestCall BCC: 4

The TAC traces are in the initial post but I'll try a step-by-step approach to my testing thus far:

1.Connect gateway and dial main ISDN billing number from 01912815621 whilst running list trace tac #960

12:22:21 Calling party trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 Calling Number & Name 1912815621 NO-CPName
12:22:21 active trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 call-forwarding
12:22:21 term station 7928 cid 0x1b3
12:22:21 dial 907540920432 route:ARS

Call routes to 7928 - this should not happen. 7928 is simply a virtual extension that diverts to a mobile phone 07540920432

The inc trunk table at this point is as follows:
display inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group 60 Page 1 of 30
INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT
Service/ Number Number Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Digits CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 6 002659 all 31798 none

The only entry in this table is for IGAR calls (31798 is the IGAR extension)

2. Change the inc trunk table so that it looks like this:
display inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group 60 Page 1 of 30
INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT
Service/ Number Number Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Digits CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 6 002659 all 31798 none
public-ntwrk 6 all 31732 none

The catch-all above routes to a local helpdesk on extension 31732

3. Dial main ISDN billing number from 01912815621 whilst running list trace tac #960

12:25:33 Calling party trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b4
12:25:33 Calling Number & Name 1912815621 NO-CPName
12:25:33 active trunk-group 60 member 1 cid 0x1b4
12:25:33 dial 31732
12:25:33 ring hunt-group 45 cid 0x1b4

Call routes to 31732 - this is expected behaviour given the catch-all I have added to inc trunk table - this makes me happy.

The ISDN provider states there is no DNIS on this ISDN so how on earth does dialling the main biling number in point 1 result in a call forward to 7928??
It's got me baffled..

Cheers

Just out of interest - can you post the ISDN billing number?
(or just confirm that it doesn't have 7928 in it)

Take Care

Matt

An MST trace may be the only thing left to do right now. "Change MST", set ISDN-PRI to y all others no, set your filters on page 2. Then "enable mst" make the call, "disable mst", go to the SMI and grab the log under System Logs -> Communication Manager's Message Trace Analyzer (MTA). Post the log and we can take a look.

mattKnight - OMFG!

Main Billing Number - 01164792811

There it is, right in the middle of the friggin number [mad] [mad] [mad]

Cheers

Can't believe I missed that, but it's probably the classic mistake of looking too hard and needing another set of eyes on the problem.

So, what would have been happening was that when I was dialling the main billing number 01164792811 the ISDN provider would present the last 6 digits to Avaya, which would be 792811..
Avaya was then dialling 792811 which does not exist, but 7928 does exist.
This was permitted under the dialplan rules below and hey presto - a call was made to 7928 which then routed off to the mobile number

DIAL PLAN ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed Total Call Dialed Total Call Dialed Total Call
String Length Type String Length Type String Length Type
62 4 ext
69 5 ext
7 4 ext

Trunk details:

display trunk-group 60 Page 2 of 21
Group Type: isdn

TRUNK PARAMETERS
Codeset to Send Display: 6 Codeset to Send National IEs: 6
Max Message Size to Send: 260 Charge Advice: none
Supplementary Service Protocol: c Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc

Thanks so much for your assistance with this guys, it's much appreciated!

Cheers

Glad you got it all figured out. You're right, sometimes you just have to step back and get another set of eyes on it.

>Can't believe I missed that, but it's probably the classic mistake

TBF, I had a similar issue last week - I didn't know the number of digits that the carrier were sending, so call roiuting was screwed.

Glad you've got it sorted!

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back