Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Lossing connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartguy7

Technical User
Dec 18, 2011
NG
We have an IPO on R 7.0(27) i get this error message while i try to connect to IPO via manager "network error failed to communicate with ip office".All phones are registered to it and working fine, I can also ping the IPO ip address but i cant just connect to it via the manager until i power cycle the unit.I think its not healthy to power cycle the IPO every time to connect to it .Can some advice me on what might be the cause of this error and what i can do to resolve once and for all.

This "bug" comes back once in some time.
Can you connect with monitor and if the answer is yes, what do you see?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks tlpeter, I have rebooted and its working fine now.Should i connect the monitor next time i get the error message or now?.Thanking you in Advance.

Yes you should do that.

BAZINGA!

Hello, the issue is happening again.I cant connect to the monitor either.On the monitor is saying trying to connect to 192.X.X.X. Can you advice what can be done to resolve this issue once and for all?.Thanking you in Advance.

I never have seen this error on rel 7.x and we have a lot of them so my suspicion is: bad programming in either IPO or the network components.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Or you have a bad lan port.

BAZINGA!

Does it have a VCM card in it?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

had this issue yesterday with a new ipo we acquired. It ended up being an ip address conflict.

try connecting directly to the ipo by plugging your laptop into the lan port and setting your laptop staticly in the same range.

If you do this successfully but cant connect to it properly once it is on your network it is probably an addressing issue or firewall issue

Or ping the IPO address with a -t and pull the patch lead out the system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back