Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO & 96XX Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Has anyone figured out how to run the 96XX IP phones on IPO? Will they run on 4.2? Even if they aren't supported by Avaya - we would like to test them in our lab and use them in our office if there is any way possible.

The 1603, 1608 and the 1616 will work and they almost look the same.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

If you use software version 1.0 on the 96xx and 4.1 (15) on the IPO then it works. (But not supported)

I use them at home....

Greets Peter

big70
do yuo have them working with 4.2?
any licensing requirements, winspm, etc?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

They blocked the use of them in 4.2 and in newer versions of firmware on the phone, that's why you need to use software version 1.0 on the 96xx and 4.1 (15) on the IPO, any higher on either will not work.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Avaya please give them free and i will sell so much more IPO......

Greets Peter

My opinion too :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I agree
I have lost too many sales to Cisco and others due to 5400 series phones not having "the look" people desire these days. I cant imagine it being to had to make the 9600 series work just like they did with the 1600 series.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

We only can put pressure on Avaya if we all do a feature request
Otherwise not hing happens

so lets all do it
how do we go about?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

They would not sell any 1600 series if they did,(they blocked them for a reason) so I doubt they will cave in to that one. I agree that they should cos let's face it paper labels are gash and a 5 year step back.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

paper labels are gash! lol

at the 4.2 forum they teased us with digital displays for keys, then whipped them away.

i wouldnt mind but i have shocking handwriting

Always let the customer do the writing or printing !!!
That saves you a lot of writing and changing labels after the install :)

Hi, has anyone experienced 9630 IP Hardsets sets dead no boot or backlight from the box? Thank you, C

Yep..

Places +/- 9000 phone,s and had around 15 DOA,s

We have been told v5 will have support for them (Avaya Channel Manager)

Jason

That would be great :)

Im using the 9650 IP Phone... Waiting for LLDP. I stored the 96xx txt file into Manager directory, I have restarted IPO SOE, running 4.1(15) and the phone does not start up. It finds the txt file but keeps displaying thefollowing messages: Waiting for LLDP >> Bad File Sv Address. And then it keeps restarting non-stop.
What is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back