Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 9.0 Service Pack 4 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgunther

Vendor
Aug 29, 2011
US
I see that Service pack 4 was finally released today! Hopefully this will incorporate some of the fixes for the 9.0 bugs....

Updating customer sites.. Mm, think I will plan that for the next weeks.

Indeed, i have been bitten once while i upgraded and ended up with problems while there where no problems.
The customer was on a terrible release (i cannot remember which version)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed, unless they are already experiencing issues there is no point. You might well upgrade them into issues, no release is perfect...as we well know :)

I have systems on 9.0 GA and have less issues then on 9.0.2 or 9.0.3

BAZINGA!

on 8.1 I wont upgrade at the moment.

But the amount of bugfixes on 9.0 are making me ......

I recently installed a few new IP Offices, and I doubt if I want to wait untill they complain....

Leave it a week at least, any screaming howlers will be posted on here by then :)

I have a lot new installs on 9.0.2 & 9.0.3 and the all do very well so I won't upgrade them.
next week I have a short break and after that there are at least five new installs waiting, I'll put the 9.0.4 on it and see what happens.
BTW the 9.1 trial software will be available soon, anyone else in it? I have a lot of docs but not one about what the new features are.

I will do lab trials and maybe also th einhouse system if Bill respond to my emails :)
PS, intrigrant log in with ftp and go to the software folder.
There is a server edition which has admin lite and VMPro and one-x is on it too.

BAZINGA!

I dont have the FTP details, my colleage is of the secret sort and doesn't share that stuff...

What a $^%&
Tell him that you quit if he doesn't share :)

BAZINGA!

I'll test anything I (A) Don't need to pay for and (B) Don't need to take out IPOSS for (amounts to the same thing) :)

It is on the support site.
It is behind a SSO login and that for a reason.

BAZINGA!

What about the transferring a voice mail bug? When you try to send a voice mail to another mailbox, it won't go through unless you record an intro message. I thought that would have been addressed by now.

I thought that was fixed in 9.0.3. We had a customer that had Avaya write that patch. There was an interim patch for it until 9.0.3 came out.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

I am running a demo IP500v2 which I just upgrades to to r4, and I am having (2) issues.

First, my 9508 phones are "please wait..." I was successful in getting (1) 9508 to load the bin files after reformatting and recreating the Avaya SD card, but any additional phones after that are hung... tried different ports in my Combo Card, even tried using a digital 30 and no go.

Second, I have performed an upgrade on the UC Module, and I had to upgrade each application individually because there was an issue with the OneX Portal rpm file. And when I updated all files but the OneX Portal file, then tried to upgrade that file, I still get the error. It thinks the file is corrupt.

Any ideas to get me past these two issues?

Did you do a MD5 checksum for your download?
I am careful as I had a few bad ones in the past and check them before I uses them. Takes a while but makes me warm and fuzzy inside if I know that the download was not bad.
Other than that I am afraid I will not upgrade anything that has no problems and will use the older releases for at least a couple of weeks before new installs get the SP4

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back