Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 v2 reset without losing license keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXCL824

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2017
CA
I have an old IPO 500 v2 running 8.044.

I'd like to do a reset to wipe any past config, but want to keep the licensing applied. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

I was originally told to remove the SDCard and do the reset, but the card holds a copy of the config, so when it was put back in, it rebooted with the same config.

Also...I'm in Toronto should anyone want a very cheap IPO 500 with about 80 phones. No idea what to even charge, so open to suggestions for that as well.

Cheers!

Open the config and go to licenses. Copy all the license serial#s to a text document (and make a backup of the config just in case). Then default the system. Re-enter all the serial#s.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Hi chritchey!

I thought of that, but it seemed too easy. I didn't know if they would simply reactivate by serial # alone.

We'll give that a try.

Thanks!

With ADI yes you can reactivate licenses with just the serial#. With PLDS you just need the .xml file.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

You can also export the licenses to a CSV file from the import/export option under File.

Do that, then wipe using the reset push pin button on the back, then import. Easy-peasy with R8.0 ADI licenses.

- Qz

I used the export/import option and it worked great!

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back