Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 v2 embedded vmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryezak

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
I have auto attendant 1 set up and for some reason when I try re-record *8401 menu it doesn't save the greeting recording.
I press 2 record then 3 to save it says saved but then I press 1 to liste. It is the old greeting
Any ideas?

You will need to press 2 at the end of the recording then press 3 to save.

To Record or Change Your Greeting
1.Log in to your mailbox .
2.Press 3 to select the option to edit your greeting.
3.Press 2 to change your greeting.
4.When you are prompted speak your new greeting.
· The greeting must be longer than 3 seconds.
· A long (approximately 10 seconds) period of silence will disconnect you from voicemail.
5.Press 2 when you have finished recording your greeting.
6.Press 1 to listen to your new greeting. After you have listened to your greeting you can:
· Press 3 to save the new greeting. Your new greeting will be used.
· Press 2 to re-record the new greeting.
· Press 4 to save the new greeting for playing on a continuous loop. This option can be used to continually play
the greeting, callers will not be able to leave a message. Note that once this option is selected, the greeting
cannot be changed back to a normal greeting except by recording a new greeting.

What release IPO are you using? Are you using IP Office Mode or Intuity Mode (under voicemail tab of Manager)? I think there was an issue with this using Intuity Mode for certain releases.

I am at 7.0 version.
How do I resolve this? Thanks

I am an IP office novice so apologize if doesn't help but I have seen this. When I saw this on our test system it came down to my recording wasn't long enough. I was doing super short recording just to record something. Once I actually recorded an actual greeting then pressed 2 to save. It did save it. Per Scotsman post above needs to be at least 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back