Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 v2 Valcom V-9970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant007

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
Hi All

I have installed an IP500 v2 Ver 7.0(5).
We have inherited a PA/Tannoy which is a Valcom V-9970, that was already on site.
I have set an analogue port as "Paging Speaker" and created dial page shortcode.
I get nothing out of the PA loud speakers, if I plug a POT handset into the analogue port and switch on handsfree then I can page to it.Has anyone come across a similar issue with the Valcom V-9970 and IP500 v2?

I believe with the V-9970 you don't need to change the station port to "Paging Speaker". Leave it as a regular extension port.

Thanks Telecomboy.
I've spoke to Valcom this morning who insist it will not work without a Modified V-1094.
So to save time I'm goging to order one of those and use instead.

Thanks for your reply

The Valcom V-9970 is a station level paging adapter - which means that it is designed to hook to a standard analog station port or CO line. You call the station, V9970 answers and connects the caller to the paging system. If you want more standard paging arrangement, the V9970 is the wrong widget.
Mike

Try changing the analog port setting to IVR. It worked for us and we learned it on this site.

You need to reboot the IPO when doing changes to IVM or speaker otherwise it won't work.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back